Bryden cleared his throat behind me. I didn’t know if it was to get my attention or not, but it did. I looked back at him and realized I was being kind of rude ignoring him.

“Sorry.” I said to him, turning to Valentina and stroked her arm one last time before taking a seat next to Bryden.

He was staring ahead at Valentina. Her eyes were closed, and she looked so peaceful. Even though she was still connected to the machines, I could tell she was already getting bigger and healthier.

“She’s beautiful.” Bryden muttered.

A slight smile formed on my lips at his words. “Thanks.” I replied.

Bryden averted his gaze, and looked at me. “She really is, Rose. You’re lucky.”

“I guess. I don’t know how lucky I was having her ten weeks early though.” I stated. I loved the fact that Valentina was here, but there was a huge part of me that still wanted to be pregnant.

Bryden shook his head. “Rose you are lucky. You have,” He paused for a moment and pointed at Valentina, “her. Yeah she’s stuck in here, but look at how perfect she is.” Bryden was starting to sound like Zayn. “And you have a boyfriend who loves you. Sabrina told me how he was when you were in the hospital.”

“She did?” That confused me because her and I hadn’t talked since that day she made me mad. Today was the first time I’d had contact with her since that day too.

He nodded. “She said that he’s really happy. He’s never been this happy ever since she’s known him. She misses you though. She never meant to sound like a bitch that day in the hospital. She’s just afraid she’s losing you because of all the time you spend with Zayn.”

“I miss her too. She has to know that. I want to spend some more time with her, but every moment I’m not busy I’m here. And when Valentina comes home I’m going to have the responsibility of taking care of here, as well as try to maintain this relationship with Zayn.” I explained. Sabrina was my best friend. There was no way I was going to let her slip out of my life. She would just have to understand that there were more people that were more important to me now. Not that she wasn’t important. Zayn and Valentina were my priority. They are were I needed to keep my focus. At least for now.

Bryden exhaled loudly. “I know that, but Sabrina is just feeling a little lost I guess. You and her have been best friends for a long time, and now you’re suddenly not there anymore.”

“I have other things to worry about, Bryden.” I could feel anger start to build in me. “I don’t know if she knows this, but this little girl laying in a fucking box in front of me is the only thing that I care about right now. She is going to have to keep feeling this emptiness until I know Val is okay to come home. Until then, and you can tell Sabrina this, I’m not going to worry about my friendships because they really aren’t that important to me at the moment.” I bluntly stated. It surprised me that I wasn’t yelling at him.