Chapter 15 | waiting out the storm

Reader POV

It's been a while since I 'passed out' and its still raining... Hiccup and I have spoken every now and then and he's been 'watching over me' while the gang study up on what made me 'faint'.

I hear pacing and the thumping of Hiccups metal leg going back and fourth beside me. It's getting a little annoying. Suddenly I feel two arms around me and open my eyes to see Hiccup has picked me up.

"Wha?" I whisper.

He shushes me and sits down against the wall, cradling me him his arms. I smile up at him and snuggle into his chest.

"I wanted to snuggle... But the gangs here so..." He said.

"I want to snuggle too..." I whisper.

"If they come over just pretend to be asleep"

I nodded and smiled up at him.

"I really with it wasn't raining, I really want to go swimming..." Hiccup said.

"Same here, maybe we could go swimming when the gangs asleep if the rains stopped"

"Sounds like a plan" Hiccup said tapping my nose.

We suddenly heard footsteps and I instantly played dead- well... asleep.

"She must just be overtired" I heard Astrid say.

"Phew that's good to know she not sick" Hiccup said.

"Just friends huh?" That was Ruffnut.

"Yeah, just friends... She was shivering so I'm giving her my body heat" Hiccup lied.

I tried to hold back my laugh. It was hard but I managed.

"Sure! Look at the way she's snugging up to you!" Astrid said.

Shit...

"That's just her being a bad sleeper"

Well he's not lying there.

"Come on you so like her!" Astrid said.

"Well... Yeah..."

HICCUP WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

I slightly open one eye to see the gang is sitting around us and all ears in what Hiccup has to say.

"Why?" Snotlout asked.

"Because, she's sweet, cute, funny, brave, kind, and we have a lot in common" Hiccup replied.

I instantly blush at his words and smirk at the words 'a log in common' YEAH CONSIDERING WE'RE BOTH FISH!

"Awww, you gotta confess" Astrid said.

The girls in the gang started to encourage Hiccup but the boys remained silent.

"But what if someone else likes her?" Snotlout asked.

I mentally gaged. I'm Hiccups and only his. Hiccup tightened his grip on me.

"Well it wouldn't matter because she obviously likes Hiccup!" Ruffnut said.

"I- I- would say-" Hiccup faked.

Man it's hard hiding a relationship.

"COME ON HICCUP! She sooooo likes you! I've seen you two cuddling, and loot at her now, she's all over you!" Astrid said.

That's not an entire lie, I am snuggled right up to Hiccup at the moment, I can't help that he's warm and cozy and smells nice and my boyfriend amd irresistible. Hiccup shiftiness in his arms and bought me closer to him.

"Why dose it matter to you guys anyway?" Hiccup asked.

"Because we like gossip" Astrid said.

No kidding.

I recon it's about time I wake up, I'm getting bored. I start to shift around in Hiccups arms and the room falls silent. I slowly start to sit up and I look around.

"What happened?" I say rubbing my eyes.

"(Y/n)! Thank Thor!" Hiccup acts, pulling me into a hug.

I hug him back and smile.

"You must have been over tired because you just fainted out of nowhere" Astrid said.

"Oh my Thor! Sorry for scaring you!" I exclaim.

"It's ok as long as you're alright" Hiccup said.

I discretely go up to his ear and tell him to meet me just off the shore, screw the weather we'll be fine at the moonpool.

We all stand up and I look outside.

"I'm really thirsty and kind of tired" I lie "I'm making a run for it"

I then decide to spice things up a little. I turn to Hiccup and give him a little nudge.

"Thanks for keeping me warm" I say. I then quickly kiss his cheek and run out.

As I run into the rain and towards the beach, I hear the gang screaming over how Hiccup just got kissed and he has to confess. I laugh and dive under water, growing my long tail and waiting for Hiccup. This will be a nice swim. Soon enough I see Hiccup running toward the water and he dives under, growing his long tail and swimming up to me. He takes my hand and smiles at me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Let's go"