Chapter 14 | hiding from the water

A/n: so I know this book has been pretty shit so far and it's because I'm writing 2 other active books at the moment. But it's holidays and I've finally got my shit together so it will be much better from here on out :)

Reader POV

Rain. Rain, rain, everywhere. Since 6 this morning I've been stuck in the clubhouse one step outside and BOOM! I'm a fish. The gang managed to make it in here for lunch but are proving to be a bit of a worry, they want to go for a fly in the rain but Hiccup and I keep saying no, which is causing questions. Astrid however is trying to get the rest of the gang to respect our decisions.

It's not working, and I have to come up with something. Fast.

"Come on! It's just a bit of water!" Ruffnut yelled from the door.

"Yeah it's not gonna hurt you!" Fishlegs added.

"Guys if they don't want to they don't have t-" Astrid was cut off by the twins pushing us all toward the door.

I needed to think of something. Now.

"I- I really don't think we should!" I said.

"Come on!" Tuffnut said.

I looked over at Hiccup and winked as an idea came into mind. I twisted out of the way and took a step back, placing a hand on my head, acting lightheaded.

"(Y/n) what's up! It's just rain!" Snotlout said.

I looked over at Hiccup, winked and began to stumble back, passing out and hitting the hard wooden floor.

"HOLY SHIT (Y/N)!" Astrid yelled.

"(Y/N)!" Hiccup yelled running over and skidding to his knees beside me.

"Award winning performance" he whispered,making me smile.

Hiccup picked my up and quickly carried me over to one of the chairs where he placed me down and whispered:

"Keep it up I have an idea"

I peaked open an eye and watched as the gang crowded around us.

"It must have been something she ate" Hiccup began "but we had the same thing..."

GREAT EXCUSE HICCUP.

"Try not to pass out Hiccup, I'll get something to keep you guys dry, you gotta get her home" Astrid said running out.

"What's wrong with her?" Ruffnut asked.

"I don't know" Hiccup said placing a hand on my forehead "she's kinda hot"

The gang started to snicker at his remark.

"Oh come on not like that!" Hiccup protested. 

Oh I know you meant it like that.

I mentally sighed at all the commotion. I want to go swimming...