Chapter 8

Zero's POV

I woke up to find the Kaname standing by the window beside my bed.

"You're finally awake..." Kaname said without turning his head. "You've lost her haven't you? You have lost the most precious little girl in the Vampire community."

Kaname violently grabbed the neck of my shirt, even though we are the same age, he is so strong... I was speechless, I looked down in shame. I couldn' even protect her, even though I promised her...

"Kiryu-kun!---" The chairman said in a sing-songy vice as he came in, in his pink kitty apron. "Oh... KANAME PUT THAT CHILD DOWN THIS MINUTE!!!"

Kaname violently flung me down on the floor, "Just remember what you have to do Zero." I glared at him as he left the room. I hate that guy, stupid Vampire.

"Nawwwww Kiryu-kun, don't worry about a thing. Your brother and I will go search for Jeannie. We were going to take you with us but you are too injured to go! That Kaname flinging you against the wall even though you are unwell."

"Chairman, did you say my brother will go with you?" I seemed to have burst his happy bubble since he looked at me with a serious face and said, "Yes, your brother. Ichiru came to the academy a couple days ago. And well he's so kawaii! He's been helping me and he's so cheerful, how I wish you were like him-----"

As the chairman babbled on, I couldn't contain my anger anymore, "GET OUT!!!" I screamed as I slammed my fist on the wall.

"Kiryu-kun, I..."

"Get out, don't make me say it again." I clenched my teeth and the chairman slowly walked out the room.

What kind of sick plan is Ichiru, up to? Why is he at the academy? What does he want?...

The next day

Jeannie's POV

I was getting sick of sitting in this room doing nothing. Nobody has even talked to me since that day. I couldn't take it anymore, I flung open the window and leaped into a tree that was conveniently outside my bedroom.

Wait. I rubbed my eyes. I swear I just saw Zero!? I stood up in the tree but only to slip and fall from the wet branch and fall into a pair of warm arms.

"Zero!!!" I shouted and I hugged on him tightly afraid that he would just disappear. But what I didn't know that it was Ichiru.

"Errr Jeannie, that's not----" The chairman was cut of with Ichiru silently putting his finger to his lips, he mouthed to the Cross Kaien, "Don't say a word, she is fragile."

I ignored everything around me and I clenched on the shirt of whom I thought was Zero, weeping my heart out.

~XX~

I don't particularly remember entering the house again but all I know is that I didn't want to let go of Zero's hand. I felt secure, brave and protected when I was with him again.

"Jeannie." My thoughts were cut off with Papa's (Cross Kaien, the Chairman), sudden call of my name. I looked up and he continued, "We should return to the academy, you've been away too long already. Yuki, Kaname, Aidou, and along with the rest of the Night class are missing you dearly."

Return to the academy... That thought hadn't even cross my mind. Had I really been out here for so long.

"Papa, can they come with us?" I said while gesturing from Hihara to Kazuki, Kazuki to Fang and so on.

"Awww, of course my kawaii kitten. Anything for you." Whilst he was saying this, a pink floral background was fluttering around him. I face palmed. Only he could pull something like this off.

That night Zero stayed in my room with me. he slept on the floor again. This was just like when we first came out together.

"Ne, Zero?"

It took him a little while to reply. So it was silent for a couple seconds before he said, "Hmm, what is it Jeannie?"

That was strange usually he always answers me instantly anyway...

"Do you remember when we were like this a couple months ago. You were lying in the floor and protecting me even when you were injured yourself."

Ichiru's POV

I was shocked my brother did what? Now I finally realise how much my brother cares for this girl. so he wasn't joking around.

"Ne, Jeannie, get some sleep we have an long journey tomorrow."

"Okay!" Jeannie replied in a cheerful tone and a couple minutes later she was sound asleep.

I can see why my brother loves her so much. She so cheerful to all the people surrounding her even if her heart is breaking. She's beautiful, I could control myself and I kissed her on the forehead, her delicate mouth smiled as I did so. She is truly an angel sent from the heavens.

Jeannie's POV

The blinding rays of the sun awoke me from my slumber. When I tried to sit up a hand was clutching tightly onto my wrist. Zero...

He was probably sleeping in the most uncomfortable position ever! He was literally kneeling on the floor with his head on the side of the bed. But you know what he was still the cutest he has ever been. Wait, Jeannie snap out of it what are you thinking!

Thank everyone who has been reading Wings or Fangs!!!! Thanks to you guys I have surpassed 100 reads!!!

Sorry for the late update been quite busy lately, I'll try to keep up with updates but I am NOT promising I can update regularly.

:D
Share

Comment

And

Vote!

Xx