Chapter 2

The next morning

I open my eyes and I find myself in a soft bed and Zero lying on the floor still fast asleep.

I really wish that he would take care of himself a bit more, he's always putting me first and himself second.

I looked at him from head to toe. He was filthy, his uniform ripped up, his silver hair filled with leaves and his skin stained with mud.

I slowly got out of bed trying not to wake him. But my legs gave way and I collapsed on top on Zero. Oh crap, this is such an awkward position, I hope he doesn't wake up with me like this...

"Urgh" sighed Zero, "I was sleeping you know?!" At that moment Zero grabbed my wrist and twisted me so I ended up with him on top of me. Those lavender eyes glistened as he stared at my face.

His arm grazed my side and I grimaced. his finger slowly pushed up the bottom of my shirt, revealing my swollen cut. "Jeannie..."he said still staring at my wound, "When were you planning to tell me about this cut, you could have died of infection!"

"Zero, I..."

I didn't know what to say, when he saw my reaction he instantly placed his lips on my wound. A blinding light infiltrated from the bond of his lips to my wound.

I gradually opened my eyes and my wound was completely healed. I guess that's the advantage of being a Vampire, things don't stay injured for long.

Zero stood up and held his arm out, "Come, let's go downstairs."

"Don't you think you need a bath?" I giggled.

"What, you're gonna give me one?"

"Hehe, I'd be happy to but only the top half, of course."

"Jeannie, who do you think I am? I wouldn't have such perverted thoughts! Let's stop dawdling and grab some breakfast."

He took my hand and we walked down the stairs together.

"AHHHH, JEANNIE. ZERO. WHEN DID YOU GET BEHIND ME?" screamed Max when I tapped her on the shoulder.

"You two are just like Fang, why don't you take a seat, I'm making breakfast."

"Don't eat it. If you know what's good for you." Iggy whispered.

"Don't worry Max, I'll cook."

"Errr, thanks Iggy." Max walked awkwardly out of the kitchen and sat next to Zero.

"I'll go help." I got out of my seat and walked into the kitchen, I could feel Zero's eyes fixed on me, Zero i'm fine, I can look after myself. Relax and talk to Max.

"So, Iggy what are you planning to make?"

"Scrambled eggs and ham. You any good at cooking? I could use a hand." Iggy turned around, it almost looks like he is looking at me.

"Sure, I'll help." I beamed and went over and stood next to Iggy.

Wobble
Iggy wasn't balanced and he nearly fell but I caught him. My hand went to touch his forehead. "Iggy, you're burning up! Come on you're going back to bed!" I said to him.

"That's strange, he was fine yesterday!?" Max said.