2. Currently Not Thanking My Lucky Stars

Why must it be so hard, for us to come to understand, that there are things we cannot change, hidden amongst the things we can? For we can rearrange our hearts, dust out the corners of our minds, we can teach our eyes to see, only the things we wish to find, yet once we decorate our walls, and sweep our sorrows off the floor, why do we look to someone else, to see how we can be more? For here is where the line, between our can and can't gets tough, the point at which we all must learn, that we are already enough. That since we cannot choose the home, our only soul was born into, we should rearrange its rooms, but learn to love it's window's view.

~Erin Hanson~

Have any of you ever experienced the moment where you were dreaming of spending your life in the arms of Liam Hemsworth and you then find out that he was engaged?

That feeling where Miley Cyrus literally entered your life like freaking wrecking ball - singing her annoying song in an extremely high pitched voice?

"I came in like a wrecking ball...
I ruined your idiotic life...
By freaking existing..."

Personally, that moment involved a whole load of shock, denial, anger, then more denial: Like, naw, he's still as single as a Pringle, and I, for one, am ready to mingle any time... unless I bump into Chris Hemsworth.

Anyway, remember when my mother said surprises weren't always a bad thing? Well, it wasn't like I was already in a bad mood by the time the demon awoke, but then my darling TV had to go and drop a huge bomb on me, so now I'm ready to wreck hell on earth.

(I'm not the demon... don't give me that look, although I know that by now, you're seriously doubting me.)

The demon was the name I specially reserve for my older brother, Mitchell.

Since he only had a week left, he was doing everything he could to make up for the time he wouldn't make my life miserable.

I knew it was going to be a terrible day from the moment my alarm ran at six-thirty. Six-thirty. And it didn't just ring. It freaking exploded.

Instead of playing the soft Taylor Swift song I had just changed it to the night before, it began playing heavy metal at full volume. And because it was near my bedside table's edge, the phone itself got such a shock that it fell to the hardwood floor with a sickening thud that hurled me out of la-la land.

I woke up gasping, and when it finally dawned on me what had happened, I fumed. "Mitchell!" I shouted. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I reached down from my bed to grab my phone, but apparently, waking up to the sound of rock causes you to misjudge height. One second, I was reaching for the phone...so close to my grasp... I managed to grab it, but then suddenly, I couldn't quite make myself upright, and I landed in a heap of tangled blankets and limbs, pain shooting up into my tailbone as I came into contact with the ground.