in which you can start saying the jam jokes aren't funny

they were never funny, honey

Jungkook finished signing Jimin in and handed the clipboard back to the nurse, whose nametag read Joy. She looked through it carefully and then looked up at the two boys, as if wondering why they were still there.

"Visiting hours are over. Family only." She grabbed Jihyun by the arm and dragged him the direction of Jimin's hospital room.

"Hey!" Jungkook shouted as Jihyun wrenched free of the intimidating nurse. "I'm family."

Nurse Joy raised an eyebrow skeptically. It was already on his records that Jungkook had no recorded biological connection to Jimin, unless he were to be traced all the way back to the founder of the Korean race... and yet the idiot was trying to come off as Jimin's direct family.

"Helloooo, Nurse!" Jihyun catcalled in a slightly off-the-rocker voide and took Jungkook by the arm, dragging him so that they stood side by side. "You pretty cupcake, you. We're definetly cousins, can't you tell?" The two smiled in sychronicity, like a pair of devilish angels up to no good. Honestly, Jungkook was holding back laughter and Jihyun, poor baby Jihyun, was trying his best not to blush and cower in fear-he'd never so much as raised his voice in public before, let alone go full Brock-mode on the nurse taking care of his brother.

"I can see the resemblance... I guess." It was true. Jihyun and Jungkook did look jarringly similar, but Nurse Joy wasn't ready to let the two boys have their way just yet. She looked at the picture of Jungkook in the family records given to her and scribbled a moustache and devil horns on it, trying her best to look professional and uninterested.

"I know you don't want to do anything wrong, but you have to understand," Jungkook began, putting his hand on his heart on emphasizs his words. "Jimin... I have never appreciated Jimin for what he means to me. He is such a big part of my life; I've known him for years and I've never been anything but rude to him. Now he's hurting and on the verge of death, and I have the ability to do something about it. It's divine justice; now I understand the importance of Park Jimin, and now I have to help him to atone for my sins against him. Please, just let me be with him for tonight." Jungkook folded his hands around Nurse Joy's. "Please."

Jungkook's speech had the made the whole hospital fall silent, even more silent than it already was (being a hospital and all). The only sound was of an old man coughing (damn, this old age!) and Nurse Yeri shushing him (hospital gossip was in terrifying scarcity nowadays). Nurse Joy gulped and played with the pages on her clipboard absentmindedly - she hadn't meant to evoke this sort of speech from the young man. Jihyun simply smirked out of the corner of his mouth, cherishing the fact that Jungkook might be -just a little- starting to care about Jimin.

"Um... I can make an exception. No one actually will care. Park Jimin's a pretty common name, anyways. No one will notice. I'll take care of it." Nurse Joy jotted down Jungkook's name in the after-hours visitors list and smiled a half-scared fake-receptionist-smile-that-doesn't-have-any-meaning-it's-just-my-job-smile. Jungkook grinned his winning smile and thanked Nurse Joy a thousand times before taking Jihyun by the arm and running off to Jimin's room.

Nurse Joy sighed and followed after the two young men.

"Irene's gonna be mad," Nurse Wendy said to Joy as they crossed paths.

"I know, I know. Cute boys, though."

-

Jihyun made a small gasp upon entering the room, and tightened his grip on Jungkook's hand. Jungkook took one look at Jimin's unconscious body and couldn't bear to take another. Jimin's face was cold and lifeless, his skin paler than ever before. He looked almost at peace, like he was sleeping. There were no visible wounds on his body, but the sounds he had made that evenings before going out cold had been like the sounds someone would make when stabbed or on fire.