Chapter 0 (or maybe the PROLOGUE)

Butterfly my ass

Rap Monster sat in his throne, pondering. Not thinking of anything in particular, just sitting sassily in a fancy chair, trying to look like G-Dragon in the Fantastic Baby MV.

From the hall, a servant of Rap Monster's appeared in the throne room. He was tall and thin, with greenish-pale skin and dark circles under his eyes. He looked sickly and weak, but RapMon knows that he is one of his army's best fighters. His name was Huang Zitao, but most simply shortened his name to just Tao.

"Your Majesty, your daily feast of jams has been prepared," Tao breathed quietly.

"Kay." RapMon didn't budge.

"A-Are you coming? They might fade if you don't."

"I'm coming." RapMon shifted languidly in his throne, but that was about it.

The servant turned around to leave the room, sighing and wondering why on earth he'd been stuck with a shitty job like this, especially when his mom was filthy rich. Before he could open the door, RapMon rose from his throne and swung his cape around arrogantly.

"Food!" He declared, then proceeded to trip over his own foot and break a nearby lamp. His greenish servant winced as the light blinked off and the glass shattered into thousands of little shards that would give even the dorm fairy Chanyeol a hard time.

RapMon got up on his own, sidestepping past the chaos that had been left in his clumsy wake. He smiled a sheepish, dimpled grin at Tao and walked past him, shoving the door open with his elbow. Tao stood in place, staring at the ground even after RapMon's footsteps faded from earshot. 

The lanky boy got down onto his knees after a long time, hugged himself, and hid his face between his legs. He didn't know what he was doing. He couldn't have ever comprehended the emotions going through him. The sound of the lamp shattering replayed in his mind's eye, and it gave him memories he wished he had forgotten. The laughter, the belonging of his home planet. The feeling of having a family and knowing that everyone was just like you. But then he learned he wasn't like them. They told him he was a monster. But he loved his people on his planet. His home. He wanted to stay there forever. But people rarely got what they wanted, and Tao's luck was worse than most. His heart had broken so many times, and over the smallest things. And the shattering feeling of leaving; just as the lamp had broken, so had his heart for the last time.

Zitao got back on his feet, shaking his head. What are you thinking? He told himself. They're right. You are a baby. A very pretty baby. You're pretty and cool. Everyone loves you. Stay that way. And he left, too, leaving behind the fragments of RapMon's lamp.

=

"Ugh, get your face off my legs, Baekhyun!" Kris grumbled.

"What? Is it not your style?" Baekhyun taunted.

"Both of you, be nice. No, Kyungsoo, put down that knife... Sehun! Don't drink the emperor's bubble tea! Lay, you can't heal that chicken back to life. Um, Kai, that's a bit too frivolous for this fanfiction..." Suho dashed to and fro around the kitchen, trying to pacify each one of the Exoplaneters. He didn't have to try so hard, though. As soon as Rap Monster entered the dining hall, all of them quieted down and stood in a uniform line, bodies at attention and hands saluting the lord of the mansion.

Rap Monster enjoyed the attention perversely, grinning as a fool would as Kris pulled out his chair for him to sit in. He stumbled a bit as he took his seat, but no one took notice of it since it was well known that RapMon was a clumsy ass.

RapMon licked his lips with a greedy smile as he took in the feast, gorgeous and grand upon his dining table. There was mundane meals, too, but all RapMon could keep his eyes on were the jams. Fast jams, slow jams, happy jams, sad jams; all kinds of variety was present on his table. I would make an effort to describe them in detail to you, reader, but the physical form of jams has never been set. They are tangible, but at the same time not at all. They are a part of every living thing, but they can also be consumed, absorbed, played with. They are like the ever-fluctuating winds, never to be seen, but can be heard and felt and sensed, always there. Perhaps that is why living creatures became so dependent on them when they were introduced into the world. Humans and aliens alike have always been vastly intrugued by the gravitational emotions that they describe as jams.