Chapter 18

The dark room felt even larger, colder, as Jungkook lied in bed, staring at the ceiling. He kept throwing a small ball up in the air while his mind tried to piece everything together. The image of you was stuck in his mind. Why did your eyes look so much like Y/N's, why did your touch remind him of her. Could you have escaped that crash? But the headlines...And there was clearly no reason for you to be at that place even if you were to be alive. So who where you? It bugged him so much that he spent the whole night like that. And then there was Taehyung. "How's your girlfriend?" Those words kept lighting the fire in his chest. Jungkook still regretted not shooting him as soon as he opened his mouth. He could not stand it anymore, he needed air. The old abandoned hotel in the middle of the woods still was his favorite place for that. He was about to leave when he heard Namjoon.

"They killed him too? Fuck! Min Yoongi..." He growled "I got it. Keep your eyes on him and don't get caught!"

"Who was that?"

"Oh, Jungkook, you're up."

"I didn't sleep. Is there something wrong?"

"Min Yoongi keeps fucking with my men."

"Should we do something?"

"It's about time. He keeps escaping all of my traps, it's driving me crazy. We need to get rid of his men first. Were you going somewhere?"

"Yeah. I need some air."

"Keep your eyes open."

"Don't worry, I want them dead as much as you do."

Taehyung's room was covered in silence. You were sitting on the edge of his bed, eyes glued to the ground. So Namjoon finally showed up. You were the only one whose face he did not know, the only one who could enter his penthouse, at least that's what you thought. Things were getting more and more complicated. You started caring more about the members and less about your revenge. What if this would turn out badly in the end? You despised the thought. And then there were your weird dreams that somehow became reality. Your mind was clouded, you only sighed. Taehyung was walking around the room, not knowing what to say. He was definitely worried about this. You were to enter the tiger's den, who knows what could happen. He kneeled in front of you, hands resting on your thighs as his eyes searched for yours.

"Y/N..."

"I'm fine." You forced a smile.

"I didn't ask anything."

"Oh, sorry...I...just-"

"You don't have to say anything, I know you're scared. Who wouldn't be? It's Namjoon we're talking about..."

"You wouldn't be..." You looked deep into his eyes. He smiled.

"That's true. I want you to feel the same. I won't be there with you, but I won't leave you alone either. I'll wait for you outside. The moment you feel something's wrong tell me and I'll come to get you. Jimin will also be watching. It would have been better if Hoseok was there as well..."

"Taehyung-ah..." Your looked down again, voice cracking.

"Hm?"

"I don't want to die..." Tears hit Taehyung's hands one after the other.

"Are you crying?! Why are you crying?" He cupped your face, wiping your tears as he spoke. "Stop. You won't die!" He pulled you into his arms. "You won't."

"Can you promise that you'll come after me?"

He drew back, looked at you, and then placed his forehead on yours.