Chapter 33 ~ something tragic in the fallout

I know this is completley OOC and that (the person you are about to read about) has no relations with Natsu barely at all in FairyTail but I couldn't think of another girl since I already used Lis ^-^"
Also, sorry Im sooo slow at updating lately... I literally have so much course work for school that I'm drowning  😖 RIP me.

How many of you guys play Mystic Messgenger?
I'm so in love

Help me 😂
-♡-

Natsu's gaze tore from mine as he spun around on the spot. His face distorting into a frown at the call of his name.

I turned too, balancing on one foot in attempts of looking around Natsu's tall body that stood right in the way of the sound's direction.

Who is she? She's so... pretty.

I suddenly felt self conscious as a girl ran toward Natsu. It was as if the world had gone slow motion just for her, like in those movies where two lovers finally find eachother and run toward eachother in the slowest way possible, dragging out the suspense.

Her hair cascaded through the air so gracefully as she approached, eyes twinkling and teeth shining. My jaw dropped as the girl leapt up and wrapped her arms around Natsu's neck, but it made me feel just an inch better when I noticed his expression was just as shocked.

'I can't believe it's you!" She hushed, her voice smooth like silk, leaving Natsu to quiver under her breath.

I shrunk. Suddenly feeling ten times smaller and less important. How could just seeing this girl cause me to feel like this? I shook my head, telling myself to snap out of it.

"It's been so long, hasn't it?" She said as she stepped down from her tiptoes and unhooked her self from Natsu's neck. She took a step back before she reached her hand out and walked her two fingers up his arm to his shoulder. "Did you... miss me?"

Her eyes twinkled as she blinked them at him innocently, causing me to scowl. Had she not even noticed my presence?

Natsu had flinched, unmoving. He laughed nervously before eventually plucking her hand off his shoulder with his, and taking a step back.

"Uh, h-hey, It's been a while..." He stuttered, awkwardly. I wanted to know why was he so nervous.

"So you didn't miss me?" She asked, folding her arms below her cleavage in attempts of maximising it's size, and batting her eyes again. What exactly was she trying to do here...?

"You, uh, you went away didn't you...? Out of Fiore?" Natsu asked, trying his best to ignore the persisted question.

"Yes, but I'm back now!" She said, smiling widely at him.

My last piece of self confidence shattered at that exact moment. She was so unbelievably pretty. Why hadn't Natsu just gone and ditched me? She was obviously flirting with him.

Snap out of it!

I mentally shook the thoughts from my head and stepped forward making myself known. Natsu quickly noticed and stood beside me.

"Hey Luce, this is Sherry. I knew her a few years ago." Natsu said, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close. Sherry's eyes shot towards Natsu's arms and then to my face. "Sherry, this is Lucy." He continued.

Her pretty eyes connected with mine and she threw a fake smile to her face.

"Hi, nice to meet you!" She said, her voice sarcastic.