"I think this one could have been better," Paige's grandmother said, easing her back on the couch. And if the designer wasn't pleased, he had a good way of concealing it.

But his expression was surprised, all the same, as he said, "I appreciate the comment. Which one do you think should we remove or add to it, Miss Isolde? If you don't mind me asking."

She crossed her arms and eyed Paige's gown. "A hood. I want you to add it to her cape."

"A hood?" The designer had almost rose his eyebrow. If there was a better eye for details, it would be his. "And why would this be more pleasing to the eyes?"

"The mystery," she simply said, and Paige cast her lashes to her rather unsurely. She was only the wearer and not the one to have any say of it. "That dress would be fitting for her entrance; and she cannot wear a royal ball gown and ride a horse, can she?"

"Oh," the man mumbled, "that's a fair point. I would agree. We'll get into it as soon as possible."

"I expect no less, Pierre," Isolde said, and the man nodded politely.

Pretty soon, Paige was already heading to the park. It was a weekend and she was pretty much available for the whole day for preparations, if only because Ms Denise Danssen had exempted her from training at the moment.

"...a horse," Paige said to Jouwee through a loud speaker, who was listening to her over the phone, "a horse, Jo. I've only ever tried it once or twice in my life when I was younger. Fell off the last one so I never did it again. How am I supposed to ride one now? What if I fall in front of hundreds of people? This is crazy."

Jouwee let out a half-chuckle. "What do you want, then? Ride a freaking carriage or a magic carpet?"

"No," she said in exasperation, sheering the car to a left turn. "It's just−they just take things a little too far sometimes, you know? Anyway, what time will you be at Manor?"

"Paige, we've been practicing for more than a week now," she replied with a monotone voice. "And it's a Saturday."

Rising a brow, Paige finally reached the amusement park and immediately slotted her car into a vacant spot at the parking lot. "You mean, you're not coming? Kenny and Bridgette are going to kill you. Besides, we only have two more days left. I don't think they'd be pleased if you're not going to be there."

She heard Jouwee blurting out inaudible words and huffed a quick sigh. "If I'd known it's going to be this time-consuming, I would've never okayed being shortlisted. But I love you and it's your birthday."

"Aww, I love you, too. That's a first, Jo!" Paige gushed in amusement.

"Shut up."

"Very loving, indeed."

She groaned. "This means I'm going to have to see that bastard's face again."

"Who, Jax?" Paige asked after locking the door shut behind her, shaking her head when Jouwee confirmed it. "I thought you're already warming up to him."

"I don't hate the guy, trust me. He's just infuriating, that's all. And no, it's not the cliche thing where you feel like you hate some guy and then you turn out to have grown some sort of liking towards him. It's not like that at all."

"Oh, alright. Not that I care about what explanation you'd have to say. Don't act all so defensive."

"I am not!" she argued, and Paige winced at the sheer decibel of her voice. "He's incredibly self-assured. I hate that for a guy, I swear. It makes me want to punch him in the face. He's not even that hot."