Prologue

Copyright © 2012 C. Kolakowski

All Rights Reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form without written consent from the author.

Any brand names, images or other copyright material is not mine nor do i take claim to them, and is not under or covered by my copyright.

Three years ago

I sat in my room wondering what I was going to do tonight. It's not like I had any friends. Normally I just go wherever sounds good to me at the moment. Tonight, nothing sounded go to me. Guess I'll just be staying in. I got off my bed and stood at my window looking out at the night sky. It was filled with stars and a full moon hanging brightly. I love the country. You never get this view in the city. To many lights, lighting everything up.

Still standing at my window, I saw a movement. I looked harder to see a boy about my age. He looked ghostly. He just stood there looking at me. Well, ok I think he was looking at me. Then I heard a howl off in the distance. I looked back to where the boy was, but he was no longer there. What the heck! I turned towards my bed and grabbed my jacket, putting it on.

I walked over to my door, throwing it open and headed over to the stairs. I made my way down. The TV was on in the living room but the lights were off. The normal night. Dad is on a drinking binge.  Poor man he always is since my mom and two siblings passed away from a car accident. I stopped in to see him sleeping and threw a blanket over him.

I headed to the back door, opening it then slipping outside. I shut the door as quietly as I could, so I wouldn't wake my dad. For a man who has lost alot, he is still good to me. Never blames me. I love him so much and do whatever I can to make life easier for him. Hell for both of us.

I walked over to the spot where the boy had stood and looked for foot prints on the ground, but saw none. I kept looking around but still saw nothing. I went towards the tree lines and looked. Nothing! 

'What the hell?!" I said out loud to myself.

"Something the matter?" a voice asked from behind me. I gasped and spun around to see the boy in front of me.

"Who are you and why are you on my property?" I asked, voice stern and strong.

"Well to answer your first question. My name is Axe Jarvis. For your second question, I am not to sure. Something drew me to this location." Axe replied.

"Well this private property, so please leave.' I stated, turning to walk away.

"Wait!" he said fast. I turned to him and waited. "What is your name?" he asked.

'CayLynn Mathison." I told him.

"Can you help me, CayLynn?" he asked.

"Axe, I am not sure how I can help you." I told him honestly.

"I need to get a message to my family. Please help me!" he pleded.

'Go home and tell them!" I exclaimed in a duh tone.

"I can't Caylynn." he told me.

"Ok, why is that?" I asked in wonder.

"I'm dead." he belted out, like he was talking about the weather.

"That's not funny! I have family who died. What is this, some sort of sick fuckin' joke to you?! Death  is no laughing matter, Axe!" I yelled, pissed at this.

"Caylynn, it's no joke. Take my hand if you don't believe me." he whispered, holding out his hand to me. I slowly walked over and took his hand, or tried to anyways. My hand went straight threw his. I jumped back and gasped.

"Your.... Oh my god!... What the hell?!" I screamed and ran for my house. But apparently I didn't see the rock and tripped. My world went black......