Chapter 17

D A N I E L

I was sitting there looking out at the water, waiting for Eric to come back. I heard footsteps and I stood up to see what Eric wanted to do. Which he most likely wanted to swim since he asked me to bring extra clothes. I turned around, but it was not Eric standing there, it was a wolf, but it looked bigger than any wolf I've seen in zoos or anywhere. There was something odd about it, its eyes were a deep red color.

"ERIC!" I yelled, as I slowly started to back up. The wolf was snarling and bearing his sharp teeth as he slowly started to approach me.

From the corner of my eye I saw Eric appear from the tree line. I shifted my attention back to the wolf as I continued to step back. Just then the wolf went for a leap and at the same time I stumbled on a rock. I looked for Eric, but I only saw a giant wolf running from where Eric once stood. Then everything went black....

E R I C

As soon I put the truck into to park in front of the pack house steps I got out and grabbed Daniel in my arms. I ran to the door as fast as I could but it all felt to be going in slow motion.

Mario was there holding the front door open as I ran by. Along the hall leading to the medic's area, there were pack mates clearing the way and holding door open, so I could get through.

Once to the medic area there were already doctors and nurses waiting to take it over. I laid him on the bed and not a moment later I was being dragged out by two male nurses.

"Let me go, I need to be in there!" I commanded them, I mean, they kind of have to listen to me since I am the Alpha's son, but they didn't.

"Listen up, I understand that you need to be in there but, you can't give him what he needs right now. Let the doctors work, they will come get you as soon as their done, and update you as soon as they know something," he said sternly.

I wanted to fight back and go back into the room, but he was right. I cannot provide Daniel with the help he needs at this time.

I watched as the nurses disappeared back into the room and all I could do is slide down to the floor.

Why did I leave him alone? I just had to go piss and now he is hurt. This is my fault, he is my mate and I need to be there always to protect him no matter what.

"Really? You are mad because nature called? What were you going to do? Whip it out in front of him?" Nate questioned as he sat next to me.

"Did I say that aloud?" I asked still focusing my attention on the door before me.

"No, mind-link remember, and stop being so stupid. This could have happened to practically anyone at those hiking grounds. It could have been any human or even any werewolf to get attacked. Don't beat yourself up over it," he said looking at the door. "Can you hear what they're saying?" He asked.

"Yeah, so far, they have cleaned up the wound, established that his skull has a small hairline fracture. They have also discussed the fact that he is a were and he will heal faster than normal. Though he will not heal as fast, since his wolf has only recently been awakened," I replied, watching the nurses pass the door windows.

"That's great, a head injury to a werewolf is like a paper-cut to a human," Nate smiled.

"Yeah, a fully developed werewolf, Daniel is still basically human until his wolf fully awakens. I don't know how it will be for him," I sighed, standing up from the floor. "Come on, I would love to stay here and wait for any news, but there is something I need to check up on," I said, pulling Nate up from the floor.

I looked through the glass once more before walking off towards my dad's office. Walking down the hall I could see pack mates in the many of the rooms, either chatting about the day's events or just playing games.