Chapter 14 - Suspicions

Ok, so I've decided to include a quote, picture or video (I've already got a list of videos ready so be prepared ;) ) in each one of my chapters from now on! Enjoy!

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't updated, I really meant to earlier but I have a really bad cold am currently breathing in through one nostril. Thanks for your comments and support!
                                ~Author-Chan

Adrien's POV
I stood there in shock, my mouth not able to form proper words in front of my brother, who has the nerve to visit and not even tell us. "Y-you never told me you were coming..." I whispered shakily, my voice cracking with anger and sadness.
     Felix sighed and shook his head. "I don't need to tell you about my life and my actions, I can come and go as I please." He puts a bookmark in his book and places it on the counter. "Besides, I knew you would overreact and act childish."
      I clenched my jaw and my loose hands turned to hard fists. 'After he has the nerve to come to Paris and not even bother seeing me, he wants to insult and taunt me?' I huff and stare at him.
    He's grown. Maybe gotten a bit taller, a bit fitter, and a bit smarter. His eyes look wiser and older but was actually only older than me by a minute. But still, he seemed different somehow. I can't identify it really but its like he discovered to ability to care. Just, not with me I guess.
      "Are you going to come home to see Dad and me?" I asked hesitantly, and hang my head a little. He scoffs and looks me in the eye. "Why should I come to see that old grump of a guy? Ever since Mama left his sorry butt, he's just disappointing."
    My head lifts up just a bit. Tears take their place in my eyes as I smirk a little bit to myself. "I think its kinda funny of you to speak of  Dad that way, considering that he's the only family we have left. You're so ungrateful, as always." I look up fully, tears of angry and woe (woe is Shakespeare talk for sadness) streaming down my face.
    Before I can really register what's happening, I feel my fist fly at Felix's face. He stumbles back into the counter, falling to his knees unstably, clutching the spot where I punched him. I huffed and puffed heavily as Bridgette runs over to him immediately. She crouches down next to him and asks worriedly to see the bruise I left.
     I turn to all the people at the party who are just staring at me and Felix. Jukela is hugging Rose tightly, Alix and Kim are side by side not sure how to react, and Alya and Nino are staring at me bewildered. But Marinette out of all of them is the one that really reacts to it.
    She's crying with her mouth open in shock, her tears falling on her dress and begins to run towards her room. I wanted to go after her but I knew she wouldn't be willing to see me right now. There was only one way to do this.
    "Goodbye, everyone. I'm sorry." I say goodbye to the guests and leave.
     Outside, I wipe away my tears hastily, trying to get rid of any evidence of crying. Plagg flies out of my pocket, sensing my horrible mood. "You messed up, huh?" He asks gently. I nod miserably. "Well, aren't you gonna go fix it?" I nod once more.
   "Plagg, could I transform to Chat to see her? Please?" I asked him softly.
     He nods sensing how dire the situation is and how much I need to see her.
"PLAGG, CLAWS OUT!"

                        ♥☆☆♥

Marinette's POV
     I ran to my room, tears falling down my cheeks. Down the hallways and straight up the stairs I ran, carefully to avoid the crack in the step.
     I fell onto my bed in a weeping lump. Tikki flew over to me from my computer desk, setting down the cookie on the plate with pastries on it; I had slipped them to her earlier.
     I covered my hands with my eyes and tried to stop the flow of the waterfall that was my tears. 'Why would Adrien do that to his own brother, it doesn't make sense... I hate seeing violence, I would cry right there and then. Still, I know he was upset.' I think to myself still crying.
      "Marinette? Are you ok, what's wrong?" Tikki asks me worriedly and flies over to my head, trying to comfort me. I sniffle loudly and choke out a small sob. "I- I'm ok Tikki, Just something happened downs-"
     I'm interrupted by the faint tapping at my window. I look up, my eyes probably red and puffy from crying to see my personal feline hero, Chat Noir. My eyes widened in surprise and I hurriedly raced to my desk where my tissues were and rubbed my eyes fiercely with a handful.
      Deeming myself slightly presentable, I open the latch to let him in. He carefully slips in silently. "Hey princess, how ya do-" He stops speaking and takes in my face. I try to cover it up but he walks up to me and cups my face in his hands.
     "Princess, were you... Crying? Why?" He asks me and lifts my face to his looking at me sternly. I try to look away and deny it but his gaze seems hypnotic and he's already seen the proof; the dry tear marks on my cheeks.
     So I look up at him, trying to be bold, but just ended up dropping my head down, producing more tears. "It-It's just that t-there was violence at the party. The party for Bridgette." I finally brought my head up to his face and placed my hand on his chest his chest, my small thin tears falling down onto his suit.
      His face is hurt and it looks like he might... Cry? He scoops me up into his arms and wraps me up in a tight hug. "I'm sorry Princess, So sorry." 'Sorry? Why was he sorry, its not like he was the one who punched Felix... Oh my gosh.'
       My face pales and my stomach lurches with confusion. I pull away from the hug slowly to look at Chat properly. "A-a-are you Adrien Agreste?" I stutter horribly but his face pales like mine. "Uhhh, who? I don't know who that is, should I?" He responds, apologetically rubbing his neck with his left hand.
     'No... It isn't him. I was jumping to conclusions...' I think, still trying to process it all. "T-then why'd you say you were sorry?" I ask, trying to figure this whole thing out.
     "I-I was saying that I was soryy that there was violence at the party." He explains and my hope drops.

    'Chat Noir, I'll find out who you are sooner or later...'