Chapter 9 - Suprise!

Marinette's POV
Omg! What am I doing!!!!! I kissed Chat Noir. On purpose. We shared many wonderful kisses but I went too far when I kissed him. Hard. I really don't know what came over me all of a sudden. I meant to kiss him though. But softly! Instead I end up kissing him hard, letting my emotions take over my body. I buried my face into Chat's warm neck.
I'm so embarrassed! He probably thinks I have issues even though he said its ok! I take my face out of Chat's neck and look him straight in the eyes. He's looking straight back at me his beautiful emerald green eyes are glistening beneath my room lights. Our faces are inches apart. He runs his hand through my hair.

 He runs his hand through my hair

My heart beats a tiny bit faster. What is happening to me? Do I actually LOVE Chat Noir? Well, I certainly do have feelings towards him. I'm on cloud 9 every time we touch. Almost like my dream, except less fancy and fantasy. This is more realistic but yet I still can't believe that I'm in love with my partner and one of my best friends.
"You ok, Princess? Is something wrong?" He looks at me smirking. I can practically see the love in his eyes. He gives me the same look as Ladybug. "Yeah, I'm just fine." I lean my head on his chest enjoying every moment of his warmth. He pulls me up to his soft warm lips once more and we share another sweet kiss.
🎵 miraculous! Simply the best! Up to the test... 🎵
My ringtone on my phone came on. I was getting a call from someone. I slip out of Chat's arms, breaking our kiss, busy blushing at my ringtone as I picked up the call.
"Hello?"
"Hi, Mari, it's me!"
"Ummmmm, Hi Me, who are you excatly?" I hear aloud laugh echo on the other line.
"Your sister Bridgette of course! I'm coming back to Paris to visit!"
"What? No way that's awesome!! I can't wait for you to finally come home again." A smile blossoms across my bewildered face. I didn't even recognize her voice! Gosh she's changed do much! Chat sends me a confused look.
"Yes, I'll be arriving on Friday. I'm so excited to see you and Maman and Papa again!"
"Friday? But today's Wednesday so that means you'll be arriving in 2 days! Oh lord I have to get my room ready and bake some croissants and introduce you to all of my friends and- oh we should throw a welcome home party!" My eyes widen and I start getting excited and start rambling off.
"Ok, that all sounds great, but I've gotta go finish packing. See ya later!"
"See ya!" I hang up, ending the call and smiling happily to myself planning this welcome home party in my head.
Chat clears his throat. "Oh, right, Chat! Ummmm that was my sister Bridgette, and she's coming to visit!" I squeal happily.
"Well, that's great purrincess!" Chat pulls me back into his arms and gives me a peck on my cheek. I smile happily with these sudden swirl of events. "I never knew you had a sister, Mari."
"Yeah I do, but she was away on a student exchange program. Now she's coming back! And it's only a few days away from vacation so maybe she'll stay for the summer!" I beam at the marvelous thought.
Beep! Beep!
Chats ring beeps and flashes a bright neon green. He frowns slightly. "Sorry Princess but I gotta go."
I'm slightly disappointed but I'm also kind of glad because that'll give me some time to plan Bridgette's welcome home party. "Ok, bye Chat."
"Bye, Mari!" He looks genuinely sad as he moves in silence through Paris, probably going to his house, wherever that was. I start to wonder who Chat is beneath that mysterious black leather mask.
Is he the same person he is as Chat Noir when he's not transformed?
Is he famous or rich? Maybe his mother or father works with the government.
Does he know me as his de-transformed self?
Is he cool? Is he funny?
I groan frustrated with all of these newfound questions twisting and turning and speeding around in my head like a roller coaster. *que shudder from author* I shudder at the thought of a roller coaster. Last time Alya dragged me onto one, I swear I nearly had a heart attack! Anyways, I'm getting off topic. Ok, think. What would Bridgette want at a party. She would want pink and cuteness in every corner. I smile at the thought of my sister going wild hugging and greeting everyone in sight and gushing over the amount of pink. And based on her happy personality, I'm sure she would LOVE some 3-layer cake, her favorite dessert from when we were little. The 1st layer is chocolate, the 2nd layer is vanilla and the last layer is Red Velvet. I'll also need some confetti... I'll buy some, along with the balloons and plates. I squeal. Everything is going great! I ran downstairs to tell my parents who have just returned from the Market to get fresh ingredients for the bakery.
"Maman, Papa! Guess who is coming to visit!"
"Yes, Mari, we know. Bridgette is coming to visit! She called us an hour ago." Maman replies calmly despite my overly excited state.
"Yes, Yes and I'm going to throw a big welcone home party for her." I grin as I think of the upcoming party. I haven't seen Bridge since I started Middle School. She went to a different middle school all the way in London. It was a VERY
good school. All of those students have graduated and went to the top colleges. So we did what was best and sent Bridgette to London. I missed her so much. We're sisters so we share a special bond and its lonely when we're not together.
"Well, Mari that's a great idea! I'm sure Bridgette will be ecstatic that you've thrown her a party!" Papa exclaims and wraps me up into a really big hug. I faspfor breath and struggle to get my words out and form a sentence.
"Papa......Can't BREATHE....!"
He chuckle as he releases me and let's me take in big greedy gulps of air. "Sorry, Mari!" Papa smiles apologetically.
"Its ok, Papa but please don't try to kill me again."
Maman laughs. "So, Mari what have you decided to do for Bridge's party?"
"Ok, so I was thinking that the theme could be pink, since it's Bridgette's favorite color and mine as well. Also confetti because we've all seen how she gushes at confetti when we go to parades. And of course we should also have a three-layer cake. Im going to invite my entire class to celebrate!" But then after I say this last sentence I think to myself, Well, almost everybody... Not Chloe of course. She might ruin the party! No way was I going to let that happen. Not on my miraculous!