Chapter 1 - Puns

Marinette's POV
I can't believe I, me, Marinette Dupin Chang, Ladybug, kissed THE Chat Noir! I mean, of course I've kissed Chat before. But that was to break a spell. Urgh! Why can't that dumb cat just stay still for once... I tossed and turned in my bed. It was the middle of the night. Chat had taken his muffin and left, leaving behind the awkward silence in my room. I sighed. I needed to speak to him again to sort this out.
But something stirred inside of me. I ignored it, but it was too overwhelming. I rolled around to stop this new sensation. But wait... This felt familiar, like this happened everyday when she was around.... Gasp!... ADRIEN!!! I realize. So that means... I'm in love with Chat Noir!!!! Now I really won't be able to sleep.. I think to my self. But wait, if I love Chat, then what about Adrien?
Am I over him?
Maybe I am. Maybe things are changing for the better. Maybe it was... FATE. After all, ladybugs are supposed to be lucky... Wait a sec, what am I gonna say to Alya?

Me: Hey Alya, guess what I'm in love with chat noir! And I'm over Adrien! After months of stalking him!

Now, imagine how bad that would go! I shudder at the thought. So, the only option I have is... To not tell a living soul!
Yeah, ok, this is great!
Problem solved! I mentally cheered myself on for my solution and quick thinking. But now I still had 1 more problem... Falling asleep! Tiki was already fast asleep on her other pillow in the corner of my bed.
I slowly tip-toed down from my bed, careful not to wake my parents and Tiki. I took up my phone and earbuds and tip-toed back to bed. I plugged in the earbuds to the phone and put them in my ears. I scrolled down my playlist looking for a calm, happy tune to put me to sleep. I pick one. The sound of the ocean waves crashing across the shore fills my ears. I sigh happily. I listen to the seagulls screech in the background. As I imagine the scene ,I fall asleep.
But before I drift off and close my eyes, I see him as the sun sets on the horizon. He's sitting in the sand, and pawing at the waves that approach. Suddenly he turns to me, his gorgeous emerald green eyes glistening in the sun. He gives my a flirty grin and fades away. I give into sleep and shut my eyes.
Time skip! Skippity skip Skip!
The sun shines through my window and into my eyes. I groan and turn over. I try to close my eyes again but it's too late. I'm wide awake. I roll out of bed and check the time. 5:00 a.m. I blink multiple times. It can't be 5:00 a.m.! I'm... EARLY?!?!?! I mentally sing 'For the First Time in Forever' from Frozen in my head. Ha! Take that Kristen Bell/ Anna. I can sing too!
   Since I had extra time, I thought, I should  to go work on the new designs that I'd been thinking about. I sit down at my desk and get out my sketchbook. I'm barely sketching when I hear a tapping noise at my window.
Tap Tap Tap
I glance up at my window. My kitty cat friend is on the other side of the window, patiently waiting 4 me to let him inside. I blush, then frown, but I still let him in. He leaps in and lands on my lounge chair. He's as red as a tomato. "H- Hi, Marinette." He managed to give me a flirty wink. I roll my eyes and walk over to him. "Hey, kitty..., I'm sorry for getting mad at you." I awkwardly apologize. Chat has stopped blushing and is smiling. 'Ahhhh, that charming smile! It makes me want to- wait, what?' I think. 'Get it together Mari' I scold myself. Chat finally stops grinning and replys. " You know Purr-incess, if you want me to kiss you again all you have to do is ask." " What?" I ask embarrassed. " Well, you were staring at my lips for a few minutes... I just thought that, you know." He says. 'I was STARING!!!' 'What is wrong with me?' I think. "Oh." Thats all I can think of saying. Chat is walking towards me now though. I mentally panic a little but manage to keep my cool.
    Before I can even blink, Chat Noir is right in front of me. His hands wrap around my waist. He pulls me closer. "You know, Mari, to tell you the truth, I don't regret that kiss one bit." Chat whispers into my hair, and I reply. Before I think I say the first thing that comes to mind. " Neither do I kitty." And with that, He closed the small gap between us. He kissed me softly, and I kissed him back. I slip my fingers through his soft golden hair.
After a few minutes we pull apart, but are still in each other's arms. I look up to him with my bluebell eyes. He looks straight back with his own stunning green eyes. I kiss him again but on the cheek. " This is purr-fect." He purrs. "If you don't stop with your cheesy puns, your straight outa here!" I joke. "Aww, come on. My purr-incess wouldn't kick out her purr-cious kitty." He smiled and kisses my neck.
Beep Beep Beep
  I hear a beeping sound  and look down. He breaks apart from my arms sadly. Chat's ring flashes. " Sorry, purr-incess. Got to go. If you found out my identity it would be CAT- astropic!" He exclaims. He's currently leaning on the window now ready to jump. I roll my eyes and push him out. He land on his feet on my balcony." What was that for" he asked. "That was for making another pun!" I say. He gives my one last smile and leaps away, into the bright city of  Paris.

1000 words! Woo Hoo! Hope you guys enjoyed Chapter 1!
Please leave comments!
- Fangirl Author