Chapter 13 - His Name!

Marinette's POV
I stood in the corner of the room, leaning on the wall as I smoothed out my blue and white dress. (Picture Above)
     I looked around the room and everybody seemed to be having a good time, except the guy Bridgette brought home.
    He's now lurking in the kitchen in a black sweatshirt with the hood pulled on, piling up his paper plate with pastries on it. I giggle a bit at the sight. He was such a cold guy, according to Bridgette, but he seemed to love the sweet treats that we baked for the party.
    He had actually slept over at our house last night to help us decorate and prepare, even though he said that he was staying someplace else. He'll be leaving our house tomorrow, but will come by ever day to hang out with Bridgette, since she insisted.
    I look away from him and flit my eyes around the room instead. Alya and Nino were holding hands, Nathaniel was painting faces,- WAIT WHAT?! HOLD UP! GO BACK!
     My eyes dart back to Alya and Nino. Nino was pulling something up on his phone while Alya was smirking next to him. I raised an eyebrow and watched from my corner with great interest. Then, Alya leaned over towards Nino and pecked him right on his cheek.
     I covered my mouth with both hands, trying to surpress the loud inhuman noise about to escape my mouth. 'Omg, Omg, Omg!!! She... She kissed Nino, my ship has sailed!' I fangirl in my head, thrilled for the breaking news. 'Ha! I won the bet, now Tikki owes me a hug!' I think to myself, smirking.
     Nino looks up, blushing deeply and turns away from Alya, flustered and he pulls his cap down to attempt to block his face.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

    I chuckle and avert my gaze elsewhere

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

    I chuckle and avert my gaze elsewhere. I turn to see Adrien looking at me with a small blush on his face. I looked him straight in the eyes and then look back down to my ballet flats, blushing as well. I glance up again, just in time to see him walking towards me.
    My heart quickens the slightest bit, but not as much as it had before I started talking and hanging out with Chat. I looked up straight at him and he had a determined, look on his face and a confident gleam in his eye. I flashed him a bright smile and his confident walls seemed to crumble down a bit.
    He finally reaches me and returns my smile with an even bigger one. "H-hey Marinette! How's it going?"
    "Everythings great, especially the party! I'm so glad Bridgette is hone, I missed her a lot!" I reply.
    He gives me a sincere look. "I wish my brother Felix would visit again too. He left for school in London."
    I stood there, my mouth agape. "Y-y-you have a brother?!" I cry, surprised. He simply nods his head and continues.
     "Yes, he's my twin. But he doesn't really look like me, as I look like my mom but he looks more like my dad." He sighs.
   "He kind of distant and doesn't really like people in general but he was warm towards me and our family." Adrien sighs a bit sadly.
    I feel bad for him, me having the comfort and luxury of spending time with my sister when he doesn't. I look down. "I'm sorry. I think I'll just go check on the party now..."
    I hurriedly walk away from Adrien, guiltily leaving him there alone. I glide into the kitchen prepared to stuff myself with treats and get this guiltiness out of me.
    I took a paper plate and noticed that Felix wasn't in the kitchen anymore. I shrugged to myself, I'd find him after I ate. I took a few cookies and roamed the party, absentmindedly wandering into my room.
    I passed by Bridgette's room and found it occupied. Bridgette was in her room listening to music on the headphones I got her for her last birthday.
    I smiled to myself and knocked on the door. Bridgette looked up and smiled as well. She took off her headphones and ushered me in. I walked in and took a good look around her room.
    It was all pink, almost identical to mine, but had her own personal touches. Posters of her favorite singers were up along the walls and teddy bears were strawn around her room.
    A small canopy bed was in the middle of the room and with a white dresser next to it. A big closet is in the corner and a computer desk next to her dresser. A felt plush light pink flooring covers her room.
    I step on in and plop myself down next to her onto her bed. "Hey Bridge, what are you doing all cooped up in here when your party is going on out there?" I gesture towards the door where the sounds of fun waft through.
    She shakes her head and snatches a cookie from my plate. "I loved everything, the party and everyone at it! But I just got a little worn out and needed a break. Also... I'm very intrigued about this... 'Adrien' guy, he seems pretty cool." She gives me a small smirk and bites into her cookie.
    I smile and take one for myself. "Yeah, he's a really great guy but I kind of have my eye one someone else." I blush as Chat Noir immediately pops into my head.
    She now wiggles her eyebrows, intrigued. "Oooooooooo who is he?" I blush harder at her silliness and playfully push her and her ridiculous face away. "Well... He's... Well you see... Ehhh heh heh..." I stutter nervously, not sure how to explain that I was in love with Paris's superhero.
       "Tongue tied, eh? I know the feeling. When you're so caught up in your feelings you can't properly express yourself." She sighs. "It happens to me quite often, actually!" I shake my head and take a big bite of my cookie. The warm sweet sensation of gooey chocolate goodness and crunchy cookie deliciousness take over my tongue. I savor the incredible flavor and talk again.
    "No, that's not it. You see, its kinda hard to explain... Do you mind if I tell you later?" I give her a look. She nods, understanding. "Now come on, you're missing you're own party!" She smiles as I take her hand and we skip out of her room.  As we return to the party I spot Adrien and the guy in the kitchen.
     They are on opposite (Adrien is on the left side and the boy is on his right.) sides of the kitchen, but Adrien is getting closer to the boy. He's piling up his plate with one of each pastry  and coming closer to Bridgette's crush, who has his hood down still and is reading a book.
     I watch with intrigue, wondering if their paths will cross. I know, I'm weird like that, to be staring at two guys be normal yet intensely watch them to see if they will cross paths. Adrien eventually bumps into the boy and he drops his book. It falls to the floor with a loud thud. Basically everybody at the party has turned to stare as well.
     He glares at Adrien coldly as he bends down to pick up his book. As he does so, his hoodie slips off revealing his pale blonde hair. When he stands back up again all the color has drained from Adrien's face, so that he looks almost white. I stare at the two closely, semseing a kind of familiarity.... Unless.... I gasp realization quickly dawning over me.
     Then, after 3 minutes of gaping Adrien manages to choke out one word.
"F-f-f-FELIX?!"
"Hey nice to see you again, brother."