Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

~Alex’s P.O.V. ~

For some abnormal reason I was following the gorilla in front of me where it went. I was like some lost puppy at that very moment. I had so many questions but I asked none of them. Did I mention that Grace vanished right after the impact? Robert told me something about how he only managed to get her image and powers out. She was stuck in that room with Anastasia because only Valery’s blood could get her out. Moreover, we were walking and I had no idea where. Not to mention we hadn’t talked anything on the way.

“For your information, I love John and always have but now I just feel like killing him.” I said as I ran to catch up with Robert.

“So relationships nowadays are the couple wanting to kill each other out of love? Interesting, I love how people have grew more romantic than Shakespeare himself. I mean the whole gummy honey, and honey bunny are great nicknames. My favorite would be you are my bitch only. Whatever happened to the brains of the past?”

“I am not kidding! He let me go when I needed him most. How could he believe that something would be going on between Jude and me? Is he insane or something? And well many people tend to use nicknames; I find them rather impressing.” I looked up to find Robert looking at me awkwardly. “We don’t talk about that; do we?”

“No, no we do not. I don’t want to be scared for life.” Robert said and continued walking.

It was like talking to some rock. He was quite and he hated talking. This was crazy, I am a girl who loves to talk more than ever and he was more of a silent boy. I sighed and decided not to talk anymore but I couldn’t hide the hurt in me. I was carrying John’s child and he dumped me. Who could actually blame him? I’d dump me.

“You’d dump yourself? Why would you even consider dating yourself? Is this one of the new trends youngsters favor?”

“I said that out loud?” I asked as I eyed Robert who looked at me like I was insane; that was partially true.

“Somehow yeah, and anyways what on Earth were you thinking?”

“About the whole mess I got John dragged into. It’s either my darkness, or Jude. I mean Jude, seriously? If it were Adam, it would be half the problem!” I yelled at Robert.

“You know” I heard his husky voice say after he waited for me to calm down, “Jude and you remind me of Anastasia and me.” Robert said as he continued walking. “You and Adam are just plain weird for my understanding.”

“How so?” I asked as I listened closely to what he was going to say.

“Anastasia and I were together, and we did love each other; but it was nothing like the love she shared with Lucifer. That love was passionate. I on the other hand; didn’t really love. I chose to ignore it. I could never get myself to admit it was there. Anyways, Anastasia was like my best friend and we both knew it. We only stayed together for John. I was also gone most of the time. Don’t get me wrong, there was time when she and I were truly in love but it faded.”

“If it’s true love, it would never fade.”

“Then it must have been what you kids call it, a crush?”

“Pretty much yeah; why didn’t you face John with the truth?”

“Because he already had his doubts, he was an old fashioned guy. He hated separations. I was barely even there while he grew up; I was obsessed with doing good all the time. That brought me here were somehow my life ended with three others. Not to mention the girl I was truly in love with, hates me now.”