Dirk x Reader

I honestly don't know anymore.
Trigger warning..? We'll see how this pans out. But keep that in mind
__________________________

You loved him.

He loved you.

But like all good things, it was gone too soon. Your mind went first, he did too. It was like he disappeared off the face of the world in one giant sweep. And one day you were all alone. Soon you couldn't help but to hear his deep, resonant voice ring from each corner of your ear. You drove you to the brink of insanity. Until suddenly, you were thrown off the edge. So here you sat, in an empty, grey room. Your back flushed with the corner of your gloomy surroundings, broken fingernails clawing at the sides of your arms. Your matted hair sat up straight, slightly sticking to the wall.

"Dirk, please, please come back."

"But Y/N, I am here. I've been here for a while."

"I know you aren't real!" You squealed as faint lines of blood arose from the pierced skin under your fingernails. At least you could somewhat tell the difference from reality and the strangely realistic delusions your subconscious projected on a daily basis.

"Come to me, Y/N. I've missed you got too long." Dirk's once stoic voice turned distorted, stretching across your eardrums with a frightening wave of just....strange.

"No. You're not real! I'm not leaving." You cried as your eyes welded shut, clenching them together with all the might you could muster. The room was silent once more, you rocked back and forth as blood slowly dripped onto the once white carpet. You unsheathed your fingernails from your discoloured skin and clutched your head once more. The war in your head raged on, pounding into  any rational decisions that could've been made, tearing the last shreds of sanity into nothing more than dust. 

"I know he's not real."

"He's not real."

"He's not real."

"He can't be real. He's gone." You cried harder into your ripped legging clad leg. When you lost Dirk, you lost everything. The sun in your life was just an empty hole now. Not something that could be fixed with a few therapist appointments every month, no, this was different. Dirk was apart of you. No matter the day or month, regardless if he had a bad day, he was always there. It could be just holding your hand under a table at a crappy fast food restaurant, or hugging you when you came home in shambles. Dirk Strider was your rock, something to lean on. But now that he was gone.....it was time to fall.

And so you did.

April 13, that's when they found your body.

That's when Dirk saw you one last time before he himself signed off.

You loved him.

He loved you.