Karkat x Deaf!Reader

You flipped through the pages of your book as the usual silence filled your ears. As each page turned, you only imagined the sound in your mind. Something you've done countless times before. You inwardly sighed and lowered your head, to say that you were annoyed with your inability to hear was an understatement.

KARKAT POV

"Y/N." I stated sharply, but the troll in the chair didn't move. I slightly growled.

"Y/N." I said louder, but they continued to flip through the pages of some shitty book without a care in the world.

"LISTEN HERE YOU FUCKING NOOKSNIFFER! IM TRYING TO TALK TO YOU." I said, almost screaming as I stepped closer. Finally gathering their scattered attention, they looked up at me with large confused eyes.

"WHY CANT YOU LISTEN TO ME?" I shouted as their face continued to spin the less they seemed to understand. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? IS THIS SOME KIND OF SHITTY JOKE?" They started making some vague hand gestures that made no sense .

"YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU'RE JOKING WITH ME, AREN'T YOU? WELL FUCK YOU TOO." I said even more forcefully, my raspy voice echoing off the grey walls.

"WHAT ARE YOU? DEAF?" I finally got a realistic reaction, they clearly understood that sentence. A hard slap. Their face was no longer confused, instead an expression of pure anger was stapled on. Their hands worked quickly as I could only assume that they were swearing me off in sign language. They stood in silence, only like they wanted me to understand. When I visually couldn't, I was punched in the ribs. Well shit.

NORMAL POV

"How could someone be such a dick? Especially the one person I liked?" You signed out to your moirail, Kurloz.

"It's not that he didn't mean to purposely piss you off, lil mama. The motherfucker probably didn't know that you're fuckin deaf." Kurloz replied with a calm face.

"Well, I get that. I just don't understand why he had to be so harsh. I read lips and what he said hurt me." You, hung your head.

"I know, sis," Kurloz put fingers below your chin. "Just let him apologise. He'll come to his fucking senses soon enough." Kurloz pointed to something behind you. Well, someone. Karkat stared at you with an ashamed look thrown across his usually pissed off or snarly face.

"I'm sorry." He signed. You smiled.

"It's okay."

"I was going to tell you I love you." He said, signing slowly so he didn't mess up; you silently giggled.

"I know. I love you too."