Chapter 34

Hi guys, here is the next chapter! I hope you guys like it! Please vote and comment for it and share it with your friends on Wattpad, Facebook etc. Luckily of you guys, I am on vacation right now and can update now, haha. :) Picture of Troy and Dahlia on the side. :) 

Chapter 34

                        The second Alyce, Leo, Tia and Troy appeared in Varmer's throne room, an evil smirk spread across Varmer's face. He finally had the magician he wanted under his control after all this time. Now that he had both the Heir of the Shadow Realm and the Heir of the Mortal World under his control, the world would bow at his feet.

                        "You have him," Varmer breathed, punching Troy straight in the face the second the four of them became substantial.

                         Dahlia screamed in defiance, but the word that was probably Troy's name came out as a muffled unintelligible moan, due to her lack of a tongue. Even that small effort caused blood and spittle to fly out of her mouth and she let out another groan, this time probably from the agony.

                         Troy staggered backwards, clutching his wound. However, Alyce and Leo grabbed his arms and thrust him forward, right into another blow from Varmer. Once again, Troy stumbled and was forced forwards again.

                         With stupendous effort, Dahlia dragged herself into a sitting position, in an attempt to get up to stop Varmer from hurting Troy. However, a hand pushed her hard between the shoulder blades, causing her to slump forwards. She grunted, but the blow wasn't nearly as hard as it could have been. Glancing over her shoulder, she caught Zara's steely gaze.

                        "Stay down and you won't get hurt," the Magician of Fire muttered, crouching next to her.

                         Dahlia shot her a look that was something along the lines of I'm already hurt! Zara interpreted the look correctly and raised an eyebrow.

                       "Fine, you won't get hurt any more than you already are," Zara corrected herself, glancing over at where Varmer was preoccupied with punching Troy. "It won't make things any better for you or for Troy or Tamarak, for that matter."

                         Dahlia was uncertain as to Zara's loyalties, in fact, Zara herself probably wasn't sure whose side she was on either. At the moment, she certainly was a wild card, one that neither Arulan nor Varmer had ever anticipated.

                         The Magician of Water hesitated, clearly torn between trying to defend Troy and making things worse for all of them. Zara lifted her hand, her intentions clear. She would not stop Dahlia from attacking Varmer if the latter so chose, but she would not help her either. Dahlia presumed that she had made some sort of deal with the Fire Immortal that made her loyalties debatable.

                          Just as Dahlia had made up her mind to attack Varmer, Dr Lucy grabbed hold of Tamarak's face and started forcing his mouth open, a vial in her hand. Without thinking, Dahlia lunged at the doctor, slamming into her with her full body weight. The two Magicians of Water went sprawling, the vial dropping out of Dr Lucy's hand and rolling away. Both of them lunged for it, fighting and clawing at one another in an attempt to reach the potion first.

                          Tia stepped towards them, her hand already pulling a shruikan out of the pouch at her belt. Then she hesitated, the weapon already in her grip. Like Zara, she was uncertain as to whose side she was on. Then silver flashed in the light as the weapon left her hand. The shruikan landed smartly right in between Dahlia and Dr Lucy, having sheared off a lock of both of their blonde hair.