Chapter 27

Hey, guys, sorry again for having a bit of a delay in the update. I had my violin diploma exam on Tuesday, so I really needed to practise for it. On the bright side, I definitely passed it, so yay! And I also get to update a little more frequently now because that's done haha. (Although I have five dance exams in three weeks haha...) Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter and please vote and comment on it and share it with your friends on wattpad, facebook etc. Thanks! :D Picture of Ella on the side. :) 

Chapter 27

                      Arulan faced his allies, a large map spread before them on the oak table in the tent. He was surrounded by a couple of trusted magicians: Kathryn, Athena, Elliot, Mitchell and Amos. None of them had been able to come up with a single strategy for fighting Varmer, even when they had been in the strategy meeting with Luna and the other Moon Children.

                      In complete frustration, the Moon Children had left, promising to inform Arulan and the others in case they came up with a plan that would result in them overthrowing Varmer. The rest of them had remained behind. Athena was sitting in a chair, using her magic to come up with as many strategies as she could think of while the others were pacing up and down, waiting for her.

                      Amos had admitted that he knew that Varmer's army outnumbered them three to one; he, like Kayla, had previously been on Varmer's side in the war. His sister and father, Alyce and Alistair, were still fighting for Varmer, but his other sister, Alyssa had already been a casualty of the Battle for Avalon. He had defected a short while before Kayla had when Arulan, Rachel, Ellis, Dahlia and Darius had tried to defeat Varmer and his guard.

                      "Athena, do you have any idea what we can do to defeat Varmer?" Arulan asked, frustrated beyond belief that their entire army was exposed and that they had almost no chance of defeating Varmer.

                     Athena had been sitting in a chair for almost half-an-hour, her hands almost touching both sides of her head. A faint blue and white glow pulsed around her hands as she used her strategist powers to search for the best way to fight Varmer and win the war.

                    "No," she sighed, dropping her hands onto the table. "The only plan I can come up with is if we send a small assault team into the castle and try to take Varmer out of the equation before things escalate and become out of hand."

                     Amos crossed his arms over his chest. "That would be fatal, Athena," he argued. "Last time they tried that, two out of five of them died, for crying out loud."

                   "Because we weren't the answers to the prophecy," Arulan countered. "Troy most certainly is; he represents the Magicians of Fire."

                     The other five magicians traded weary glances. Finally Arulan had caved and told all of them about the prophecy or at least Luna had told them about it in their latest strategy meeting. She had sworn all of them to secrecy about the first prophecy but she hadn't told them about the second one, the one that predicted that Dahlia and Troy's child would be the Heir of the Ghost Kingdom.

                    "And you claim that Dahlia is the Magician of Water in the prophecy," Kathryn said wearily. "But Arulan, Dahlia is already at Varmer's castle. And you can't send a team without a Magician of Water, you know that. If you do and she's incapable of fulfilling her role in the prophecy, we might not be able to overthrow Varmer because of it."

                    "But if we send another Magician of Water, he or she might die," Elliot protested. "If we fill the prophecy wrongly or send an extra person, that person might become Varmer's next victim. They could die! And we can't randomly choose a Magician of Water."