Chapter 34

Chris (POV)

"you have a daughter?" i asked shockily

"....yes, i do" she cried even more. i comforted her as she cried on my chest.

"shhh, its okay brittany. we all have a past we may not be proud of" as suprised as i was, i understood how hard this was. to not be able to see someone you love for years. i could relate this back to my father. all my life i wished of having him. years went by and i still didnt see him. "your gonna get through this. im right here"

i think this is probably why me and brittany connected so well. we both could relate to each other. im not gonna say im upset she didnt tell me, because i am but right now wasnt the time for that. right now was when she needed me the most.

"are you mad at me? its ok if you are. i - i- im sorry im soo sorry chris im so so-

"shhhhh dont apologize. its not your fault." i said to her "im not mad at you, im mad that some nigga would ever try and take advantage of you."

"i dont want this to mess up your career. i know you have a tour coming up in a couple of days. so gone on, i'll be fine" she said raising her head up.

i wiped her face with my pinky finger "you sure? im gonna be gone for 1 month. i dont wanna leave you brittany. not now" i said kissing her tear that was falling.

"i know how much this means to your fans, and i dont want you to let them down. i'll be fine."

i hugged her and she cried some more "call me anytime and i swear i'll stop whatever im doing and come home."

"love you chris"

"love you more"

**

Shontell (POV) *3 DAYS LATER*

Today for me was a chill day. i didnt have to go to the club until 9 tonight and i didnt have work at the clothing store. i sat on the couch and flipped through the Essence Magazine as dani came rushing into the living room

"wassup?" i asked her.

"Daddy said he was taking to footlocker today to get some shoes!" She said happily

"Well all that homework betta be done before you leave" i said firmly

"can you help me with this math homework"

"let me see the question" i said to her. she gave me her packet and pointed to the equation

"ok so the question is 2x+5=17. what do you think you should do first?"

"ummmm....subract?" she questioned

"yes, and then you get 12 now yo-

as i was talking derrick walked in.

"hey dani go try it on your own, let me talk to your father right now"

she got her packet and folder and left. he went straight to the kitchen, not saying hey to anyone

"well hello" i said to him coming into the kitchen

"hey, you aint cook?" he asked

"well damn, today was my off day so i just wanted to be chill. look, i need to talk to you about some shit"

He smacked his lips and took a seat at the table. i did also. i wanted to know more information on him and brittany..was this shit true??

"ok derrick, i need you to tell me about you and brittany. last time i checked brittany is only like 21 and your 26. if dani is 12 that means she had her when she was 9."

"how the fuck do you know how old she is?"

"well she does date chris brown so it kinda easy to find on her information online" i said with attitude.

"why the hell do you care? me and her had sex, she told me she was 14 like me."

"ok, how does a fucking 9 year old look 14? did you...rape her?" i asked skeptically. this could be the only way a 9 year old would do this.

"i didnt fucking rape her! she didnt wanna even have the baby because she was too scared! i told her it was best for me to keep it. my mom took care of dani until she was about 5. then she came to NY with me and i got an apartment. brittany never once called to even talk to her!"

"i might not have a fucking college degree or masters but i am not dumb! how could you rape her? and force her to have the child? she was only 9...what did her father say?"

"he told her to keep it, and give it to me. i didnt rape her. i swear i didnt. she told me she was 14. she said she was a freshman in high school just like me. at a young age like that my hormones were kicking and i just had to have sex with her. i didnt think she would have a baby!"

a part of me wanted to believe him "well i know where she is, and i think you should let dani see her."

"hell no! this fucking conversation is done" he got up but i quickly got up too and stopped him

"yes derrick! its only right for her to be able to see her mother!"

"dont call her a mother because she isnt near close to a mother!"

"thats because you have shut her out of her life."

"your her mother ok? your the closest thing she got to a mother" derrick said

"i love dani, you know i do, but i would rather her see her real biological mother. im not saying let her live with her or anything..just let her meet her. you always told me you would give up the world for dani. well why dont you give up your selfish ways, and let her see someone who means the world to her?"

he said nothing, he just left the kitchen and went into the bedroom. i rolled my eyes, as i saw derrick with dani coming toward the door.

"here put these on" he said to her

"where are we going?" she asked

"dont worry, lets go. we'll be back" he said to her.

"where are you going derrick??" i asked him just confused as dani was

"dont worry where the fuck im going with MY daughter" he grabbed her hand and slammed the door which made me jump a little

**

Brittany (POV)

today was chris last day before his tour began so i wanted to do something special. but of course chris had plans for me, so he wanted to take me to the mall to shop. we walked into forever 21, i was hoping to see shontell at work but i guess today she was off.

"ooh i like that" i said looking at some high waisted shorts "ooh and those earrings"

"get em both" chris said. i picked my size in the shorts and the earrings and we walked to the cash register

"yout total is $36.78." chris gave her a 50 and told her to keep the change. she smiled as we went to another store.

"ohh baby can we go into FootLocker"

he nodded and we went inside. i checked out the shoes and chris went to his section to find him a couple of pair.

"oh my your brittany...chris's girlfriend can i get a picture of you??" a young lady asked me. i said yes and took a picuture with her.

i went back to my shopping as i saw the cutest little girl. i stared at her and she hid behind her muscular father. i looked up at him and my eyeballs nearly fell out

i looked at him, then at the little girl, then at him then at her again. i quickly ran to chris and slapped the shit outta him tryna get his attention

"damn brittany. whats your problem?" he said wiping his bruised spot

"chris...i think i see my daughter. chris i swear i see her!"

he looked at me just as surprised as i was.

"how do you know its her?"

"she looks just like me chris. her eyes, hair everything!"

i walked hand in hand with chris and saw them again. this time her father wasnt with her. i bent down and a tear fell down my face. Could this be?

"hi little girl. your very pretty"

she smiled at me which made me smile "thank you, so are you"

"whats your name?" i asked

"my name is-

"dani come here!" her father yelled.

dani? i tried to recall what her name was because i never even got to name her when i had her. i always wanted a child name danielle, which was my great grandmothers name. i then tried to remember her fathers name. i only knew him for 3 weeks before he raped me and i was very young. was it daniel? dashawn? darius? de- derrick! i thought derrick is his name.

before i could ask her anymore questions she ran to the tall dark skinned man. chris hugged me from behind

"its okay, maybe that wasnt her"

"i know that was her. dani is a close name to danielle. i know thats my baby. i can tell by looking in her eyes. a mother always knows her child, even a child she's never seen before"

***********************************************************************************************

A couple of more chapters left. should i make a sequel to this??

5+ COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!