Chapter 4

Brittany (POV)

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" i asked

"i gotta go" chris said, but i stopped him from leaving

"no tell me why did you just kiss me?"

"why didnt you stop me?" he said firmly

"excuse me but im not the one who started this shit! look-i dont even care anymore" i said walking toward the door

"no wait, brittany. im sorry" he said grabbing me by my waist "i didnt mean to offend you earlier in school about you being all rich. and im sorry for yelling and stuff" for some reason i felt safe in his presence, like this was something. WAIT snap out of it brittany! you have a boyfriend

"its okay. im sorry for yelling at you too. --you know what? lets just start over." i suggested

"i'd like that" he smiled...DAMN he was sexy

"well lets get out of here before they think we doing something" i chuckled

we walked out and nobody seem to notice so we went our seperate ways. all sudden my phone rang, and of course it was mike. i walked back into the bedroom down the hall where it was quiet

"hello?" i answered

"hey baby i miss you. what you doing?" he asked

"uh. nothing at some kickback" i replied nonchalantly. for some reason i didnt feel like talking to him. usually i cant wait to talk to him, but now for some odd reason, i dont even feel like listening to his voice. he was annoying me, yet he has done nothing.

"on the first day? damnnn baby." he chuckled. i faked laughed and rolled my eyes

"well i gotta go" i said about to hang up

"WAIT" he yelled "i love you" as soon as he said that i hung up. i couldnt say it back, something in me said that mike was nothing to me and somebody else was taking his position..chris? naww. that kiss was nothing.right?

"you ok?" kelsie asked as she walked in

"oh yea" i said snapping out of my thoughts "i was on the phone. look it was nice being here but i gotta go..my dad needs me at home" i lied

"uh..well ok. i guess i'll see you monday at school"

"yea" i simply said and then walked passed her. i wasnt mad or anything, i just needed to clear my mind. i was confused and i dont know if my feelings are the same for mike.

**

Chris (POV)

"what was you doing?" ty asked as i walked out the room

"nothing" i bluntly said

"well you was in there with brittany..yea you aint slick!" ty semi yelled. i chuckled and then said,

"naw, it was nothing like that" "uh..marcus want us tonight" i said changing the subject. marcus was a drug dealer me, jeremy, and ty work for. hes about 34 and hes the biggest drug dealer in Compton. trust me, if i could get out i would but i been doing this since i was 13. our job is to take money out of ATMS, steal cars, even sometime kill people. as crazy as it is, we get paid like Oprah! well naw, im lying but we get paid alot. the most i ever got paid was 109gs in one night. the least was about 20gs, but shit money is money and its no getting out of it.

"what time?" ty asked

"11. he said it'll be quick job"

"well its 10:43 already so lets go" ty suggested. i nodded my head in agreement and walked toward the door. i looked across the room to see if i could spot brittany but i guess she had left.

once we got into the car. i drove to the spot we always meet marcus at. like always when we pulled up, he has guys all over checking and making sure it was ok for us to come in. they were like his sercurity. shit, sometimes coming here i feel like marcus is hitler and im a nazi working for him. but life is full of things we dont wanna do, and this is one of them.

"hello boys. seat down. this will be quick" marcus said. marcus looked 45 but he was only 34. he was tall, dreads, and jamaican. his accent was strong too, but ive been knowing him for a while so im use to it. ive been doing this since i was 13 but ty just started about 2 year ago.

"i dont have a job for you, but i gotta little reward for both of you for ya' hard work.. killing bojo last night was something ive been trying to do for a while and only you 2..my best workers accomplished it. so here" he said handing us a bag "look inside"

i looked at ty and ty looked at me and i shrugged. shit what could it possibly be? i reached inside and it was stacks of money. now dont get me wrong im happy we got money but marcus isnt the one to just be generous..especially with money.

"thats 70gs. just a little something. 50 of it is for last night the other 20 is just a reward. now your done for the night. dont ask me anything, dont say thank you..thats it"

me and ty both got up and we both didnt say anything until we got to the car

"the fuck? that wasnt normal" i said putting the key in the ignition.

"shit i dont care we just got paid! just got paid and its friday night!" he started singing this old song called just got paid and couldnt help but laugh. for some reason, through this whole meeting with marcus, and the whole car ride all i could think about was brittany. everybody knows i hate being tied down and im usually fucking hoes..straight up. but damn, its something about her. from her body, to her curves, to her long as golden brown hair, to her sassy attitude..she was perfect. shes the only female who has stood up to me. and i like that in her. she can hold her own.

"aye man im finna go get all the jordans, finna get some new clothes bro" ty said happy as hell. like he just won the lottery. he act like this his first time getting this much in one night

"hell yea. but i need some rest" i said calmy

"man, whats up? any other day you would be as hyped as me? whats on yo mind?"

"shit, i dont even know. so much i cant even keep track"

"dont go soft on me nigga" ty said. i had to laugh. ty always there for a nigga when he down

"naw man" i said leaning back in my seat "its complicated. you staying at my house?" i asked

"naw man, pops want me at the crib tonight"

"aight" i said driving to ty house. for the rest of the car ride it was silent

just what i needed to clear my mind, so only brittany could be who i was thinking about.

********************************************

OHHH SNAP

COMMENT PLEEEEAAASE!!!!