Chapter 32

Emily POV

I awoke the next morning snuggled in my bed. I just laid there.

"Happy birthday Andrew." I whispered as a tear rolled down my face. I buried my face into the pillow crying. They was a knock at the door.

"Em. Can I come in?" Evan asked. I quickly sat up and wiped my eyes.

"Yeah." I yelled out.

Evan came in with his school clothes all ready on. He looked at me and sat down.

"Em...your eyes are all puffy. Were you crying?" Evan asked.

"No....they must be puffy from last night." I said. "I don't feel that great....you should just go to school without me."

He looked at me closely.

"Your lying. Why were you crying Em?" Evan said.

"I wasn't crying!" I stood up and exclaimed. Evan stood up after me.

"Why will you not tell me!? I thought we were going to help each other with these things!"

"You don't need to know everything! It's my life! You can't do anything about what happened!" I yelled with tears welling up in my eyes. I ran to the bathroom and slammed the door, locking it.

I just slid done against the door. I wasn't going to we weak and cry again. I just buried my head in my hands. All of a sudden the door opened and I fell backwards. Evan was standing over top of me.

"Hello again." He said.

"I don't want to talk!" I said standing up. All of a sudden Evan grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. I started kicking.

"Why do you keep doing this!" I screamed trying to get out of his grip.

"I'll let you down if you promise to tell me...I can't stand to see you crying." Evan said.

"Fine." I said lying. Once he sat me down I tried to sprint away, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Em....." He said quietly. "I thought you could trust me...but I guess not." Then he walked out the door. I waited a second and then ran after him.

"Evan!" I said and he stop at the top of the stairs. I fell to my knees and leg out a sob.

I was weak.

I couldn't do anything about it.

People will stomp on me.

People already have.

Someone picked me up and walked me to my room. Evan sat me down on my bed and sit down with me.

I wiped my tears.

"I'm ok....we should get to school." I said trying to stand up, but Evan pulled me back down.

"You don't feel good I thought?" He said sarcastically. I glared at him.

"Em...why will you not tell me? I could help..." Evan said.

That's what I hated.

People saying they could help.

Unless you can bring back the dead you can't help me.

I hated pity.

"You can't help this one Evan...I'll be fine tomorrow." I said. He looked at me with sad eyes.

"Please." He asked. I sighed.

"Today is Andrew's birthday." I said looking over to my dresser. I stood up and walked over to it. I pulled out a picture. He was 16 when he died. This picture showed his blonde hair and grey eyes. He looked so peaceful....so happy.