Chapter 13

Emily POV

I woke up and I knew that I was in Evan's arms. I was starting to trust him more everyday and I just hoped that it wouldn't hurt me in the end. I was so surprised when he asked me out, but I ignored that thought and snuggled into his chest more. Then he pulled me to him tighter and I tried to get out. I was trapped.

"Trying to get away. I thought we were friends." He said softly in my ear.

"Not when your smashing me in your arms." He let go and I sat up. I looked at the time. 9:45.

"I'm going to go and get ready. Alex is going to be here at 11." I said standing as he nodded. I walked back to my room and grabbed my robe and towel. I walked to the bathroom and got a quick shower. I got out and threw my clothing on, along with some makeup.

I grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt, and pulled on my converses. I pinned on my wig and put on my glasses as I started to walk downstairs. Evan was in the kitchen and I grabbed an granola bar.

"Why are you wearing the wing." Evan asked me.

"Cause Alex doesn't know about that."

"She doesn't?!?"

"No. I'll tell her today. Cause I know she will stick with me."

I heard a car horn. I waved bye to Evan and walked to the door. Before I left Evan screamed, "Buy a sexy costume."

I laughed and walked out to the car. I got in and saw a happy looking Alex.

"Tell me everything." She said.
*********
I told Alex everything that happened. Then we got to the costume store. We walked in and over to the girl costumes. We looked around for a few minutes. Till I heard Alex gasp.

"This would look beautiful on your body." She said holding up a goddess costume. I took it from her and went to the changing room. It was a cream color dress that went down to my ankles. It turn pink at the bottom. It had tank sleeves with golden rings. It had pieces of fabric that go over your shoulders and on your arms. Then it had a golden leaf tiara. I looked at myself in the mirror and it thought that it didn't look right. I took out the Bobby pins and removed my wig.

I then opened the door to find Alex sitting in front of me.

"Emily you look great..." She cut off when she saw my hair.

"Don't freak out." I said quickly.

"What? How....I'm confused."

"I'll tell you."

After I told her the story she hugged me for a few minutes.

"We are getting you that costume cause you look banging." She said. We went and paid for the costume, and then stopped at a small cafe before she took me home. It was already 4:45 and the party started at 7. So I let Alex in so she could get me ready. We walked upstairs before Evan could see us.

"Let's get you ready!" She said excitedly. I knew that telling her everything would be ok. She was going to be a good friend. She started curling my real hair. Then it hit me.

"Wait people are going to figure out that I'm mystery!" I said.

"Well then Evan is going with Mystery. People don't know what you really look like and not a lot of people pay attention to you in school so they will not put it together." I nodded and she went back to work.

She finished curling my hair and then she put some bronze eye shadow. Then she put on a streak of eye liner and some lipstick. She carefully put in the head band while I pulled the dress onto my body. I slipped my feet into a pair of cream colored flats and turned and looked at myself in the mirror.