Chapter 26

Emily POV

I sat at my parents grave crying. Till I fell asleep.
___________________________
Evan POV

When we got the door open me and Austin realized that she wasn't in there. Then it hit me.

The grave yard.

That's where she goes when she's hurt or just wants to cry. I ran out the door and to my car, without even noticing Austin calling for me. I sped over there and ran in. I found the graves and saw Emily asleep next to them. Her eyes were all puffy and her dress was now filthy.

I walked over to her. I picked her up cradle style making sure not to wake her. I then walked back to my car. I laid her down gently in the back. I then drove her home. I got her out of the car and upstairs. I sat her on her bed waking her up. She opened her eyes.

"What happened?" She asked sitting up.

"You fell asleep at the graveyard and I came. I decided to take you home." I looked at the clock. 12:45.

"You should probably sleep some." I said to her. She nodded. I laid on her bed as she got a quick shower and got dressed. She came out and I stood to leave.

"Will you sleep with me?" She asked quietly. I nodded. I walked quickly to my room to change. I put on a pair of sleep pants and no shirt. I walked back.

Emily was already lying down. I went and got in bed next to her. She turned to me and looked into my eyes.

"Thanks for taking me home." She said quietly.

"I would do anything for you." I said pulled her to me. I held her tightly. A few minutes later she fell asleep with me right behind her.
___________________________
Emily POV

I woke to find myself snuggled into Evan. I smiled to myself. I blew on his face to wake him up. His eyes snapped open and he smiled.

"Good morning baby." He said to me kissing my forehead.

"Good morning." I relied.

"So my entire family wants to meet you again, but more personally. So do you want to go to dinner at their house tonight."

"Sure." Evan smiled at my answer.

"Evan....." I began.

"Hm."

"I know it's probably a sad or touchy subject but..........where's your dad?" I asked quietly. He tensed and just pulled me closer to him.

"He's just one of those cheating dads.....who doesn't deserve my mother." I just listened while resting my head on his chest. We just sat there holding on to each other.

"He probably has a different wife, but my mother is happy with us." Evan said.

"How is Sam related to you?" I asked.

"He's my dads kid, but he lived with us for the beginning of his life. Nobody told him that he had a different mother. So eventually his mother came and took him, but he always came to visit."

I just nodded and rested my head on his chest. "He's not going to be at your house tonight right?"

"He shouldn't be, but if he I'll protect you. I'll always protect you."
                          **********
I looked in the mirror.

Broken is what I thought.

I was going to fix myself.

Hide my cracks.

I got a quick shower and dried my hair. I put on a light purple dress with lace sleeves. I put on some white heels and some neutral make up. I curled and left down my hair. I then grabbed a white clutch with my phone in it.

I walked down the stairs and Evan was waiting in the couch. He looked up and was speechless.

"You coming or are you just going to stare." I asked Evan laughing. He just stood up and grabbed my hand. We got in the car and started driving.

"Evan..."

"Yeah."

"Why do you like me?" I asked quietly.

"Why wouldn't I like you?" He asked back.

"Because I'm not pretty, skinny, and I'm broken. I can't be fixed."

"Everything can be fixed. You just need the right person."

The rest of the car ride was in silence. We got to Evan's house and we walked up and knocked. Evan's mother, Haley, opened the door with a smile.

"Your here!! Great!" She exclaimed. We walked in the house. The four kids were sitting in the living room. We walked in a greeted them. In the corner of my eye I saw a piano in the corner.

"Who plays piano in your family?" I whispered to Evan.

"Max. He just started learning. Do you know how to do play?"

I nodded my head.

"That's good maybe you can play something for Max." I laughed a little bit. Evan started talking to his family while I walked over to the piano. I admired it then someone spoke.

"Do you play?" Max asked.

"Yeah."

"Will you play something for me?"

"Sure." I was about to sit when he grabbed my hand. He lead me upstairs and into library.

"Mommy says we are not allowed to touch that piano downstairs." He said showing me over to a different piano. I sat down and he sat next to me. I placed my hands on the keys and started to play and sing.

Another day,
Of painted walls and football on the TV
No one sees me
I fade away,
Lost inside a memory of someone's life
It wasn't mine

I was already missing before the night I left
Just me and my shadow and all of my regrets
Who am I? Who am I when I don't know myself?
Who am I? Who am I?
Invisible

Wasted days,
Dreaming of the times I know I can't get back
Seems I just lost track
Looking on
As all of life's colours seem to fade to grey
I just walked away

I was already missing before the night I left
Just me and your shadow and all of my regrets
Who am I? Who am I when I don't know myself?
Who am I? Who am I?
Invisible

Who am I? Who am I when I don't know myself?
Who am I? Who am I?
Invisible
Who am I? Who am I when I don't know myself?
Who am I? Who am I?
Invisible

Another day,
The walls are built to keep me safe
I can't escape,
It's too late

I finished and Max clapped. I heard clapping behind me and I turned around. The whole family was behind me clapping. I blushed a little and then someone knocked. The door opened and they walked in.

"Sorry I'm late." Sam said.