Chapter 21

Emily POV

"Emily!!! Get up!!! It's the first day of break!!!!" Alex screamed while jumping on me. I pushed her off and got up. I got a quick shower and dressed. I walked out to Alex laying on her bed waiting for me. She smiled when she saw me.

"We are going over to Austin's house to hang!" She exclaimed. I laughed. I went and grabbed my bag.

We walked out to my car and we drove over to Austin's house. We got out and walked to the door. I knocked on the door and Austin opened.

"Hey guys!" He said pulling me into a hug. We pulled apart and we walked inside.

"So what do you guys wanna do today." I ask. They both shrugged. "How about we watch a movie?" I offered.

They both nodded. Then the door bell rang.

"You guys pick the movie and get snacks. I'll answer the door." I said. Austin got up quickly and tried to stop me from answering the door, but it was to late. I opened the door up and was greeted by the one person I didn't want to see.

Those ocean eyes that made me fall in love.

"Em." He whispered. I froze and then slowly turned to Austin. Alex was next to him and they both smiled guiltily. I turned back to Evan.

"Evan." I said with a straight face trying not to cry. A tear rolled down my face. Hurt flashed in Evan's eyes.

Why are you hurt!?!? You hurt me!

I walked back into the living room and sat down. I heard Austin say something to Evan. I then heard footsteps going upstairs. Somebody walked into the living room and sat next to me.

"Em. Will you let me explain." Evan asked. I shook my head. I then quickly stood up. I turned to face him with tears coming down my face.

"There's nothing to explain! You cheated. Tell Alex and Austin that I left. I'm leaving." I said. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. I knew that Austin could ride Alex home. I got into the car and started driving.

And nobody followed.

I drove to the cemetery. I just sat and cried against the graves of my brother and parents. I didn't know how long I was there for, but I decided to go to shakers.

I drove over there and got out. It was already 5.

I must of sat there for a long time.

I walked in and over to James.

"Hey. Can I sing tonight?" I asked him. He looked up and nodded.

"7:30 you will go on." He said. I then walked over to my dressing room. I kept extra dresses in my dressing room just incase. I put on a simple white dress with straps. I paired it with some white ballet flats. I fixed my make up and put on a little more. I then curled my hair and let it fall on my shoulders.

Once I finished I sat down and started to what song to sing. Once it was picked there was a knock on the door. I opened to find James.

"You should go out and watch for a little bit. You can just walk up when I call you." He said. I nodded and grabbed my mask. I put it on and  walked out and to my booth.

I sat there and listened to a few singers. Then it was time to call on the person before me. They called him on and I looked up. I gasped.

It was Evan.

He stood on stage with a guitar. Our eyes met and hurt flashed on his face. He walked to the microphone.

"Hey everyone. My name is Evan and this song is dedicated to a very special girl. Something happened and all I want is to have her back."