Chapter 5

Emily POV

I said goodbye to Austin and started to walk towards my locker. I got there a opened it and started to put my stuff away.

"Hey," a voice said behind me. Evan.

I turned around scared. I knew he promised to be nice, but I don't think he will be.

"Please don't hurt me," I said backing up against my locker.

"I'm not going to. Can you come with me? I wanna talk to you." He asked holding out his hand.

"How am I sure this is not just a prank?"

"Please," he said with desperation in his eyes. I pushed his hand away and followed him skeptically into a empty classroom.

"What do you want," I asked quietly.

"I want to say sorry."

"The only reason you are doing this is because of mystery, I can't believe that you actually mean it," I said with tears forming in my eyes.

"Why don't you believe me."

"Maybe because you have bullied me for the pass two years! Why should I accept your forgiveness when you haven't ever done anything except hurt me? I got kicked and injured from you guys!"

A flash of sorrow went on his face. "We have hurt you?"

I nodded trying to hold back tears. He walked over to me a pulled up my shirt a little. I heard him curse. "Emily I....didn't....know."

"How could you not know?! All those kicks and shoves, they don't just wipe away!"

Be strong Em. Walk out the doors.

I turned and walked out the doors on the way to homeroom. I walked in a saw Austin waiting for me at our seats.

"Emily what happened." He asked concerned.

"He tried to get me to forgive him, but I can't. Not till I know he is trying to change for real and not only for mystery."

He nodded and hugged me. Once out of the embrace I grabbed my book and started reading. The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff. This was going to be a long day.

                    ****************
I managed to stay away from Evan all day. Buzz...buzz. I looked at my phone and it was a text from Austin.

From: Austin
Hey. I can't ride you home today. Sorry.

To: Austin
Ok. It's fine.

The last period bell rang and I walked to my locker. I grabbed all of my things and put them in my backpack. I walked to the exit and I realized it was raining.

Crap. I didn't grab an umbrella because Austin was supposed to ride me home.

I sighed and sat on the bench waiting for the rain to stop or slow.

I heard a car honking and I looked up. Just what I needed. Evan. He rolled down the window.

"Hey. Need a ride?" He called.

"No. I would rather walk in the rain."

"Well to bad because Austin told me to take you home."

"No!"

"Get in or I'm coming to get you."

"You will not."

Evan then turned off the car and got out. And the next thing I knew I was upside down being carried to Evan's car.

"Evan put me down!!!" I screamed.

"Ok." He sat me down in the seat of his car and buckled me in. I crossed my arms and he got in on the other side.

"Why are you being nice?" I said.

"Because you don't deserve to be treated bad."

"Wow. And you just figured that out now. I know that you are trying to impress Mystery. In case you haven't noticed I've talked to Austin before."

He sighed. "I would of stopped. I never knew you got hurt. I just take out anger on people. Why did you never say anything to us."

"Last time I tried I got hurt worse and most people have the common sense that kicking someone hurts them." I said with tears forming in my eyes. A tear slipped down my face. He stopped talking and we drove to my house. I got out, but he stopped me.

"Please forgive me." He said.

"How can I. I have nightmares every night about things." I said. I held the tears in as I turned and started to walk towards my house. I heard the car door open and someone grab my arm. He turned me around and pulled me into a hug.

Snap out of it Emily this kid hurt you!!

I didn't care what my brain was saying. He held me for a little bit.

"Your not that bad Emily. Don't let my ignorant and asshole self give you nightmares." He said into my ear.

"Your not the only thing that does." I mumbled.

He pulled back and gave me a confused look. He looked into my eyes. "Your eyes look really familiar."

I push away from the glance. "I doubt they are."

He nodded. "Let me walk you to the door." He grabbed my hand an pulled me towards the house. I grabbed my keys and unlocked my house. I turned to see Evan moving out of the way. An older woman walked in front of me.

"Excuse me dear. I'm so sorry about your loss. Me and your Aunt were good friends. If you need anything. I live right next door." The lady said smiling. I thanked her and then she walked back to her house.

"Sorry for your loss." Said Evan still standing there.

"It's not your fault." I said back.

He opened his mouth to say something, but he stopped.

"Can we be friend?" He asked.

"I don't know Evan..."

"Please give me a chance."

I hesitantly said, "Ok...".

He said bye and walked back to his car. I turned around and walked inside. Man this has been a long day.