||The Silent Whispers||

Start from the beginning

They sighed. "You know, Perce, you ask this question every time we come and do the Therapy for--"

"One year," I said annoyed. "I know. Twenty-Nine times of it."

"So do you still want to know?" Annabeth asked. "After all we've already explained this twenty-nine times and this time would be the thirtieth explanation."

"Yes," I said, perspiration forming on my forehead. "Distract me from...this."

Annabeth sighed. "It hurts because, in a way, it's a curse. The Achilles Heel is a curse as well as a blessing. And to heal a curse it is--"

"--more painful to heal a curse than to receive a curse," I said, reciting the last part.

"Correct," Annabeth said. "And if we healed the curse all at once, you're mortal body wouldn't be able to withstand the pain, and you would be dead. That's is why we break it into sections, Therapies. Anyways, it's a powerful curse, to receive it;  you bathed in the River Styx. It makes you invincible. But because Gaea stabbed you," Annabeth said that part growling. 

"The curse was reversed. Thank goodness some of it was washed out in Little Tiber, or else you would've died..." Annabeth continued to drone on and on, but her voice was soothing, and it eases everything.

"Did you know that you have a soothing voice, Annabeth?" I said that before my head can approve it. Seaweed Brain, me. Stupid, stupid. My cheeks flushed red.

Jason and Piper snickered. My cheeks flushed even redder if that was even possible.

Annabeth gave me a smirk. "Well, I'm glad that you found it so. Would you like me to continue talking?"

I shook my head. No need for more embarrassment. 

Annabeth sighed in content and sat in her chair right next to me holding my hand. I wrapped my hand tightly around hers. Squeezing it. Like a lifeline.

She bit her lower lip and winced. She tried to hide that for a quick second, but my eyes caught it. It was simple. You just naturally have good, sharper senses as a demigod, and add that to the training we undergo through--we have the eyesight of a hawk.

Though I do suppose my training and sword combat would be rusty by now. Since everyone fusses over you and condemns you saying you need rest, no training, and things like that.

I let go of Annabeth's hand. "I'm sorry," I said. "For hurting your hand."

"It wasn't your fault anyway," Annabeth muttered.

Slowly, slowly, and slowly. The pain subsided. Only leaving a faint throbbing feeling.

I sighed. "It's gone."

I looked to Apollo, waiting for him to me what's next to do. He wouldn't look at us. His two hands were placed on the medicine counter, his head and eyes staring at it. He looked stressed out.

"You may go," he said dejectedly.

"Wait, what?" Jason said. It was usually much longer than this.

"I said," Apollo emphasized. "You may go."

"But it's usually longer..." I said.

The god huffed in anger and then looked at us, glaring.

"Okay?!" he yelled. "Is this okay enough for all of you? I will tell you the horrible truth and let it sink in! Okay!" I felt waves of power radiate from him. I had never seen him so angry.

"I can't..." he said. His temper calming down and soon turn into a sad tune. "I can't..."

"You can't what...?" Annabeth asked carefully.