||Empathy Link Malfunctions||

Annabeth's POV (continued)

After I stopped crying and the Seven stopped crying, we all turned our attention to Grover.

"You remember how I said that I feel Percy's pain?" He said.

We nodded and my heart constricted when he said 'Percy' and 'pain'. Just two words that never go well in my mind.

"But now nothing hurts anymore." Grover explained.

My heart leaped a little. Does that mean Percy is healing? What if he found a way out of Tartarus's armor? What if I'll see him again? My mind was racing a thousand miles per second. Wait, there's no way that's possible, even if Seaweed Brain achieves the impossible, it takes longer than the period of time that we're crying/sobbing.

 Grover said, "I need to go, now. You know, figure what is going on and stuff." 

"Sure. Stay safe." I said. 

"You too." he replied.

The other five also bid some farewells, or even introductions (like Hazel and Frank).

And then the Iris-message ended.

Grover's POV

I'm still confused why after I fainted, I feel no pain at all. I recalled our silent and private conversation during the Iris-message. He was a bit distracted, so as usual he only caught half what I said. 

I sighed. Typical Percy.

Wait, empathy link.

Percy. He did say something about disconnecting...did he?

By Pan's pipes, no! Percy disconnected the empathy link. But, but how? This is news I need to report to Chiron right away!

Percy's POV

After a while, I found out that walking around in Tartarus's armor won't lead me anywhere, so I gave up and sat down. 

I really feel bad for hurting Grover though. I concentrated on the emotions only, my mental self, and not my physical features. I imagined all of my pain to come out of Grover and onto me. I don't really know what happened for the next few seconds, but all I knew it was searing pain. Pain. That's the only word I can think of when I was transferring Grover's (supposedly mine) pain onto me. I screamed. Now I understood, what I was feeling before was only half of the pain. Now I was feeling the full experience of it. Every inch of my body felt like it was going to combust. The pain was too much. It was pure agony. Why can't the Fates just let me die? I prayed to every god I can think of and prayed that there'll be a way out of this. 

Then a new pain came through me. It was like being stabbed over and over again. My lips turned white when I was trying to let off the scream. But I couldn't hold it anymore. I screamed. It was the worst I have ever heard. And guess what? It was mine. I doubled over and fell flat on the ground. A wave of pain went through my nerves, worse than the previous one. 

This is it. I'm going to dissolve again. I was going to be electrocuted again. I screamed. And then everything was darkness.

--------------------

I hope you liked this chapter! Thank you for reading!

~galaxyfangirl13