007

Chapter Seven:

"C... Cold..." Ciel murmured, wrapping his arms around his chest. Aries grinned at him, bouncing up and down where she stood. "Even if this is a poor area, and even if my normal clothes attract attention—"

"The clothes you are wearing right now isn't enough, right?" Sebastian asked, "And it looks like it's about to rain too." Ciel noticed that Sebastian unbuttoning his coat, but Aries placed a hand on his gloved ones.

"No, no, no Sebastian," she tsked him. "Giving him your jacket will only attract more attention." Aries looked back at the house and giggled again, "Although, it'll look kinda funny, don't'cha think?" She winked at Ciel and continued to jump and move erratically.

Ciel rolled his eye, "If we were to stand guard that guy would really come, right?"

"Mm," Sebastian nodded, buttoning back up his jacket. "Because there's only one entrance, and this is also the only path." Aries began to giggle again.

"So the murderer's next target is Maria Gale, who lives in that room?" Ciel asked, peeking over the wall to the lone door they stood by.

"Yes," Sebastian answered. "I've told you many times; I haven't gotten it wrong."

"It's true that apart from missing their internal organs, they do have something in common."

"I wonder why they started murdering people," Aries inquired.

Ciel gave her a strange look, "What do you mean?"

"Why did the killer do it," Aries continued and giggled to herself. "Murderers are so silly to me~! Why do it in a messy way that would have them tracked back like this? If they wanted to murder prostitutes, then there could be much easier ways to do it. Killing someone in a bloody, messy fashion just is strange. They could've poisoned them, kidnapped them, or silently murder them, but rip open their insides and steal their organs? Doesn't that seem a bit... Much? This murderer is so... Peculiar! Why prostitutes and why their organs? If they had been ripped open the way they had, there was no way that it'd be salvageable for money. Besides, why go through so much effort to resell the organs of a woman after sewing them back up after murdering them? Such a messy, uncalled for murder... It's almost as if they wanted us to find them...?"

Ciel stared at her, his eyebrow ruffled as he processed her words. "Interesting theory," He murmured. "It makes sense t—" A scream of bloody murder nearly shocked him out of his skin. "Wha...?! But, no one went inside!" Ciel said, turning the corner easily.

Ciel barged through the door, and his blue eye turned to a saucer. "Don't look!" Sebastian said, clamping a hand over his eyes, but the damage had already been done.

Ciel's hands shook, his knees buckling at the sight of some much blood. He even felt a bit of it slowly drip down his cheek. The warmth of it made him feel more sick than he had already felt.

Sebastian looked over at Aries, expecting to find her in the same paralyzed state, but instead, she was smiling. Her eyes wide with excitement, darting over the woman's body, searching and scanning for deductions she kept in her mind. At a different, more proper time, he would ask her why she was so immune to such a gruesome sight.

But for now, he turned back to the murder scene, his hand hadn't budged from his young master's eyes, "That was rather over the top." Sebastian commented smoothly, "It's all over the floor..." The outline of a silhouette could be made out of the darkness of the room. They were tall, and the gleam of round glasses shined in the moonlight that pierced through the room. "'Jack the Ripper', no... Grell Sutcliff."

The brunette butler finally stepped out, his face full of guilt and sadness. There was blood staining his clothing, and face, which had a innocent countenance displayed, but it hasn't fooled Sebastian or Aries for a second.