Ch. 40: Lana's Fears

Start from the beginning

Hermione nodded with a serious face and smiled. "Of course, you aren't a prisoner."

"Then yes - I really would love to see Trey and Alle. Man, I haven't talked to them in forever." I sighed with a soft smile on my face, even though Trey was not my blood brother, there was still a close bond that I couldn't wait to rekindle with that Muggle. 

A soft blush spread over Jenna's cheeks and she sighed softly. "Ahh, Trey. He was my first love. Special place in my heart for that man, yup indeed." 

Lana rolled her eyes and smacked Jenna upside the head with a frown. "I thought you'd long forgotten about him, being with all the eye candy here." She snorted, shaking her head at Jenna's antics.

      I rolled my eyes as well with a small smirk. "I guess it would be good to visit!" 

Hermione smiled and Lana smirked, keeping a firm arm rested on top of a growling Jenna. "Well, then it's settled, you and I will go visit Trey first thing when we get out! It'll be a little surprise." Lana cheered happily, making Jenna pout.

"Oh? And what about me?"

Hermione rose a brow at Jenna and giggle. "I don't know if it's appropriate for a love-struck teenager to enter the house of a newly wed couple, Jenn."

Jenna opened her mouth in protest and complained. "No, I promise, I'll be good - besides, I love babies, so if they do have a kid I'll just be known as Auntie Jenna, nothing more!"

     The air drifted from nostalgia to the thrumming beat of excitement as the Grandfather clock in the Common Room struck the hour. Lana jolted up at the sounds and bounced onto the balls of her feet. "Well, I don't know about you, but it's five o'clock and I want a good seat to see the Champions. So, how about we head down to the stadium?"

        The Weasley's nodded and Ginny put the finishing touches on her sign as we grabbed coats and money for snacks. This was going to be extremely exciting, yet I couldn't help but notice the sheen on Lana's face as she gathered up her things and pocketed her wand.

     I felt my own stomach flip as well. It was the last challenge after all. And, based on how dangerous the last few had been, I was worried about my friends. I was sure Lana was thinking of Fleur too. I couldn't imagine how I'd be feeling now, if Hermione had been competing.

       The walk to the stadium was filled with zings of excitement and happy chattering. People were placing bets on who was going to win and what the outcome would be. Right in the middle of that circle were Fred, George, and Lee. Blake was holding the money box.

Making my way over to the betting crowd, I came across Mr. Diggory, Cho Chang, and Cedric. They were walking towards the stadium with big smiles and laughing at unheard jokes. "Cedric! Cho! Hey guys!" I called, walking over to them.

      Cedric grinned and Cho waved a hello. "Hey, Elle! You ready to cheer your Champion on?" From the way he was beaming from ear to ear, I could tell Cedric was talking about himself. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was rooting for Harry. 

      "Of course, so you'd better win -- or else place second, buddy." I chuckled, earning a cheer from Cho. "So, did you practice really hard? Because you have some stiff competition waiting for you." I teased and Mr. Diggory scoffed.

"Oh please, my son will win hands down! He's a Diggory." He chuckled, patting Cedric on the back and giving me a playful grin. "No doubt about that, hon."

I nodded, satisfied. "Okay, then I'll watch with a firm knowing! See you after, Cedric, Cho - the celebration party will be on me!" They grinned and waved good bye, going into the stadium below.