When we arrived they were nose deep in books and notebooks. They were each studying for different subjects and we joined in. We said it would be only be for a little while before we started band practice. Before we even realized it, it was already time for us to go home and we hadn't practiced at all. Em was furious making us promise to be in time for the next practice and saying that we would practice. The next practice something similar happened and it happened again on the third meeting. So by the time finals finished we were all sure we had passed but Em was less than happy about us not practicing at all.

"You need to see what you have in front of you woman. Didn't you notice that every time Kev made a comment he started to say it in his usual cocky and I-know-it-all tone but then changed it up? Didn't you notice that we didn't fight? That we studied in peace and helped each other out? I told you before that the music is fine Em, what we need to work on is working together, and that was exactly what we did this past week. Even Kev and Dust got along, how could you not notice that?"

                It was Saturday afternoon and Em had called us for a meeting in her house. She had bitched left and right about us not practicing and all that. Finally Sal had lost his patience and exploded.

"We'll see about that when next week comes around and we have to start to practice for the gig next weekend," Em said through gritted teeth before going into the house again.

                Sal sighed and I wrapped my arm around him to give him support. Fighting with someone always wore him down and even more when it was with someone he loved.

"We can't do anything else, man. We just need to wait for next week and start practicing for the gig, show her that we really are getting better and stuff," Dust said getting off of the couch and making his way to the door. "See you Monday guys, please try not to be late, I think we have enough of Em's moodiness as it is."

"I'll be taking my leave too, see you," Kevin said quickly leaving as well.

                I looked at Sal with a questioning look and he just shrugged his shoulders. I had to find a way of cheering him up a little bit. I smiled as an idea started forming in the back of my head. I got up, dragging Sal up along with me, and took us both to the car. I had felt particularly lazy today and decided to ask permission to take the car. As I drove, I texted my mom, which shouldn't be done, by the way, telling her that I was taking Sal out and that we would be back late. She said that it was alright as long as we didn't arrive stinking of alcohol and the car stayed in one piece. I smiled and put my concentration back on the road.

"Text Mina and tell her you're going to stay in my house tonight," I said turning to give Sal a smile.

                He gave me a questioning look and my smile just got even bigger.

"You'll see when we get there," I said before turning back to the road.

                It was a little surprise I had been planning for Sal since the time we went up to the city for my parents' anniversary. I knew our two month anniversary was coming up and I had been looking for something special for Sal. While we were walking around the city I noticed a flyer about some musical event. It involved a lot of rock bands and it was supposed to take place throughout this week. The bands played for several days in the city before they moved on to a city in the next state. I didn't know all that much about bands but I did recognize some of Sal's favorites in the list of bands. Our anniversary wasn't until Wednesday, but I thought that Em wasn't going to let us miss a day of practice for anything in the world. So I decided that the real gift was this one and the cuddly romantic celebration would be on Wednesday.