SEVEN

This chapter is dedicated to Xiann2 for commenting in all of my chapters :3 It's really sweet and I really do appreciate it even though I didn't answer all of them :) I just wanted you to know that. I also wanted to thank you for the votes and tell you that if you need anything I'm here like 24/7, since I returned to my house, finally xD

There's also a shout out to Jaxxdarkstarz for the comment on the past chapter :3 I promise the next chapter will be only for you :D

I hope you enjoy the chapter and leave a lot of comments :3

-> Desyre

Oliver

                I walked back to my house after I walked Sal to his. It still seemed a pretty stupid thing to do considering we were neighbors. When I got home, I heard my mom in the kitchen. I went there to tell her something but when I got to the kitchen I froze. She was meticulously cleaning every surface in the kitchen. She was worried about something. She always did that when she was worried. She looked up from where she was cleaning and squealed when she saw me standing there.

“Ollie! God, you gave me a scare! What are you doing standing there?” She said pressing a hand to her heart and taking deep breathes. I noticed right then that her hands were shaking. I went over to her and grabbed her hands showing her that they were shaking.

“Oh, don’t mind that, you just gave me a pretty big scare,” she said laughing a little nervously.

                So she was going to play me for stupid. I sighed and dragged her over to the couch. She looked a little confused at first but she sat either way. I sat across from her and looked at her. She’d break eventually. It was a little hard though. She kept refusing to just sit there and do nothing and wanting to get up. In the end she did break.

“You want to know why I’m like this, don’t you? I’m sorry Ollie. It’s not my story to tell, its Sal’s to tell you it’s just that... I never thought… I never… God,” my mom said and her hands started shaking even worse.

“Ally? Did Sal leave already?” I heard dad yell coming into the living room.

                When he saw how my mom was and maybe even felt the tension in the atmosphere, he came over and sat next to her. He pulled her to his chest, hugging her and doing low calming noises. Finally my mom seemed to calm down a little and she pulled back.

“He’s mute Jerry. Salvador, he’s mute. And all this while, we never knew. Do you remember Jerry? When he was a kid… Back then he was mute Jerry, and they still…” My mom started saying but she started sobbing again.

                Dad seemed a little shocked about what my mom said, at least at first, but then he looked really sad too. He finally got my mom to calm down again and told me to wait here while he put her in bed. When he came back he still looked sad but now it was mixed with anger. I thought he looked frustrated with something.

“This town is really messed up Ollie. The important people around here are so mean they’re almost evil and nobody does anything about it. And now there’s this thing with Sal. Oh God, he’s mute. Has he told you anything about his childhood?” My dad asked finally looking at me.