Tw.ty Eight

The bell rung for third period to start, and I was ready for class today. I didn't quite know what we would be going over, but I knew that it was almost time to prepare for the big debate. Mr. Cobain was about to say something when they called him over the intercom.

" Yes? "

" Can you please come by the front office, there's a package here that you need to sign. " she informed him. From the look on his face, I could tell that he was excited about something.

" I'll be right back. " he smiled, leaving the classroom. I could see Garrett looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

" You know, I never told you how good I thought you did during the debate. You handled yourself well, and you have a unique way of getting your point across. " he spoke.

" Thank you, sir. You're well spoken yourself, giving me a run for my money. " we both chuckled.

" I'm almost certain that you've gotten' letters, one being from Harvard. " he assumed.

" I have, but I really didn't open any. I still have ample time to make up my mind. " I told him, and he nodded. I was still a Junior and he was a Senior.

" I know we're not the best of friends, but I would like for you to come and see the campus with me. I'm sure it'll be a good experience. " he invited me and I couldn't help but smile.

" I would love to go, but I'm curious. You chose me over your friends? " he scoffed.

" I don't have many friends at all, just Devin. " he stated and I was surprised. " You shocked? "

" Yeah, I mean you're not a bad looking guy, and you have a great head on your shoulder, so why don't you have any friends? "

" There aren't many people that think like you and I, and I can't live for the stupidity and ignorance. Plus, Devin is a dick and doesn't want to go. " he retorted and I quickly agreed with him.

" True indeed, my friend. I'd love to go, when is it? "

" March eighteenth. " he said. " My parents are booking us hotel rooms. "

" Sounds like a plan. " I held my hand out and he shook it.

" They're here. " Mr. Cobain danced, sitting the box down. " If you're on the debate team, come forth? "

Myself, Garret, Devin and a couple of the other sitting students stood up and walked towards the front of the classroom. In the box sat our jersey's for State. I had to admit, they were pretty fly. He handed us ours, and told us to take care of them until the time came. He then got started with today's lesson, which was on some of the issues that they could possibly stress at state.

The school day progressed quickly, and it was almost time to go. As I walked to my last class for the day, Flex came walking down the hallway. He looked at me and smiled.

" So, you couldn't text me back this morning? " he complained, pulling out his phone.

" I was rushing, I meant to. " I replied with apologetic eyes.

" I forgive you, plus how can I stay mad with this beautiful personality? " he grabbed my waist, pulling me into him. He pecked my lips, looking into my eyes and blushing. " You should come by the house tonight. I wanna' chill with you, plus I need your help studying. "

" I can do that. " I bit my bottom lip as the bell rung. " I gotta' get going. "

" Alright babe. " he pecked my lips, quickly. " I see you still rocking your bracelet. "

" I have no choice, it literally will not unfasten. " I yelled to him, walking into the hallway and heading to my last class.

School ended quickly, and I was pretty excited. I walked to the front of the school, smiling as Flex stood by my car, looking down at his phone. I started walking over, but stopped when I saw Shannon walk over to him. I didn't think anything of it until he kissed her on the lips, and cupped her ass. He whispered something in her ear, and she giggled. I could feel the anger and the tears, welling up inside but I looked down at the bracelet, and my mood instantly changed. It's almost like this bracelet had a spell on my heart. Every time Flex would piss me off, or do something unacceptable, I could never stay angry, let alone be angry at him.