Ni.

Last night on Bourbon was fun! The music, the dancing, and the drunk people really made my night. We had just got done eating breakfast. We walked out of the restaurant, starting the family journey. My father had his hand around my mother's shoulder, and we walked behind them. We could smell the delicious scent of fresh doughnuts. We looked to our right, and saw the woman icing, and displaying the doughnuts. We looked at each other, evilly smiling.

" Dad, can we please get doughnuts? " I begged.

" Y'all just got done eating breakfast, what did I just say? " he glared at us.

" Please dad, I know you can smell the freshness. " Tia added.

" They even have your favorite. " Drew chimed in. You could tell my dad was trying not to give in.

" Please? " we begged like kids.

" Alright, here. " he gave us the money, and we danced. We walked into the shop, telling the woman what we wanted.

" Where y'all from? " she asked us. She had a thick, New Orleans accent.

" We are from Mississippi. " Drew told her, admiring the delicious mounds of dough.

" Boy you country. " she laughed.

" Ain't it. " Tia laughed, giving her the twenty dollar bill that my father gave us.

" Thank you. Y'all visiting? "

" Yeah, well needed family vacation. " I said as she handed me the white box.

" You'll love it. Thank y'all, and have a nice day. " she waved us off.

" Happy now? " he expected us to feel guilty, but we nodded and kept walking.

We continued walking, and we walked down the street with all of the paintings and things. I was amazed at the many drawings that hung on the gates, and there was even this one person that stood still in time.

" Your bond is strong. " an old woman spoke. We looked at her as she sat at the small table.

" We try. " my mother smiled.

" All of your seeds will do great things, but one experience will haunt your dreams. There will come a time when they will find, and two of you will not survive. " she spoke.

" Come on, don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's talking about. " my father rushed us away.

" My precious, the job is your. My debator, will go on to become a successful lawyer. My baby girl will become a cosmetic goddess. " she yelled out as we walked away.

" Hey, why don't we go down to the Riverwalk? " my mother suggested, changing the subject.

We walked past the casino and aquarium, making it over to the Riverwalk. The cool breeze grazed across my face as we walked along the wood.

" How does everyone feel? " my father asked us.

" I feel like I won't have to worry about slapping a hoe at work Monday. " Tia said and we all laughed.

" I'm feeling pretty good. What about you, Deon? " Drew asked me.

" I wanna' go back to Cali...... "

" Hell no, you have lost your damn mind. " my father quickly interrupted me.

" How rude. I wanna' go and see Jay. " I pouted and he looked at me.

" That's the least that we can do. " my mother started.

" But Winny...... "

" Nelson, I think we should let him go. I trust him to do what he's supposed to. " my mother convinced him.

" I trust him, I just don't trust anybody else. " he argued.

" I'll be back before you know it, and I'm not leaving until next week. That's the week of his first game. "

" Aww, you're trying to be a supportive boyfriend. " Drew laughed, pinching my cheecks.

" Shut up. " I punched his arm.

We made our way back to the house, and I couldn't stop thinking about Jay. How nervous he used to make me, how happy I would be when we spent time together. I remember the day that I told him I wanted him to take my virginity. He said that I should save it for someone special, and I told him that he was as special as it would get.

We left New Orleans about five on Sunday morning. We got home in no time, and I was ready to be back in my bed. I walked inside to the cool air, breathing deeply. I really did have fun in New Orleans, it helped me realize a few things.

" Tia, can we talk? " I asked her.

" Sure. " she nodded. She walked with me into my room as we sat on the bed. " Wassup, brodie? "

" While in New Orleans, I thought about something. I think........I want Jay to take my virginity. "

" Really? " she laughed. " Why so early, and why him? "

" I don't know why I want to do it now, but I feel that Jay is the right one. I compare every dude to him, just about, so why not? " I told her, truthfully.

" If anybody is going to treat it right, it would be June Bug's pure ass. " she mumbled, patting her hair. " How do you plan on doing this? "

" His first game is next weekend, and I want to surprise him by being there. We'll hang out, and then I'll tell him. It's really up to him, though, because he could tell me no. " I explained.

" I doubt if that's going to happen. I'm not going to give you any tips right now, I'll tell you when you're about to leave. " she articulated.

" Why wait? "

" You'll see. "