Th.teen

The week progressed quickly, and it came time for me to leave for Cali. I was slightly worried about leaving Breezy by himself, but my family loved him, so he would fit right in. After spending a whole week with him, I can say we've gotten' closer, and we know each other more. As for Shannon, she's been avoiding me, and I still avoided Flex.

" Alright, y'all, I'm gone. " I yelled out.

" Wait? " Tia yelled, running to the front door. " Here. And don't you open this, give it to him. "

" A piece of paper? " I looked at her, and she gave me that look. She hugged me, and smiled.

" Be safe, Tre. " Breezy said, slapping my butt.

" Boy, stop, before I put you out. " I stated, walking out of the door. I got into the car, making my way to the airport.

As I walked onto the plane, I began to get nervous. I didn't know if I was ready to do this, but I couldn't think of any other person but Jay. I knew he wouldn't make me regret it.

" Alright, everyone, take your seats. The plane is ready for takeoff. " she flight attendant said through the intercom.

I put my headphones in, getting ready for the three hour flight. I looked out of the window, finding myself falling asleep. Once I woke up, I noticed the many lights of the city. I sat up, inhaling deeply and bracing myself. The plane soon landed, and I made my way to my hotel. As I was getting checked in, I noticed a magazine with Jay's picture on the cover.

" Who is this? " I asked her, pointing to his picture. Her eyes instantly lit up.

" You must not live here if you don't know Jahari Briggs. " she smiled. " He's only the best football player in California, whose only a freshman in college, and already committed to the NFL.

" College football doesn't start until tonight. "

" Exactly. " she giggled. " Here's your key, and I hope you enjoy your stay, sir. "

" Thank you. "

I walked up to my room, using my key to enter the door. I walked inside, sitting down on the bed and taking my shoes off. I turned my phone off of airplane mode. Instantly, I got a call from my dad.

Yes sir?

Good, you made it safely. How was the flight?

It was okay. Everything good at home?

Yeah, we're good. Listen, boy, I want you and June Bug to stay low. It hasn't been long enough for the heat to die down, so just be careful.

I will, dad.

Alright, I love you, son.

I love you, too.

I hung up the phone, looking at the clock and seeing that it was twelve o' clock. The game doesn't start until seven, so I decided to head to the mall, and go over to the embroidery shop to get a jersey done.

" You a big fan of Briggs, huh? " the cashier asked me, smiling.

" Yeah, pretty big fan. " I nodded.

" Well, I'm a big fan of your swag. I like it. What's your name? " he licked his plump lips.

" My name is Tre. Yours? "

" Deshaun. " he told me. " Maybe when I go on my lunch break, we can hang out? "

" I guess we can do that. What time do you go on lunch? " I asked him.

" As soon as I finish your jersey, I can leave. We're not that busy today. "

" Alright, sir. "

After about ten minutes, the jersey was done and his boss had cleared him for a break. He folded the jersey up, putting it in the bag.

" How much do I owe you? " I asked him, but he just slid me the bag.

" It's on me, dude. " he smiled and I was shocked.

" Well I have to buy you lunch, then, let's go. " I pulled him from behind the counter, and started walking to the food court.