Eira had zoned out and tuned back into the conversation when Ms. Donovan said, gesturing to Caroline, "Just kidding. Calm down. He found his rebound girl."

     Eira couldn't take rudeness and she spoke fiercely,"That is no way to treat someone. You don't even know Caroline so don't judge her. She's probably a really great girl. So, why don't you reconsider how you just acted somewhere else?"

    All of them were shocked at her outburst. Ms. Donovan just glared at Eira, then spoke to Caroline giving her money for the raffle tickets,"However many that will buy."

   Caroline gave her the raffle tickets and then Ms. Donovan stormed off. Caroline looked at Eira and said,"You stood up for me."

    Eira wore a confused look,"Isn't that what people are supposed to do?"

        "Maybe before you were in a coma, but not now," Caroline said then smiled sincerely."Thank you."

    "You don't have to thank me, Caroline. People should always be nice to other people no matter what they think of them," Eira spoke her opinion.

    "Yeah, they should," Caroline smiled and Eira smiled, too. A new friendship was founded between them in that moment. Caroline's bitterness and jealousy towards Eira went away because she realized what kind of person Eira was.

    ______________

       Once Elena spotted Jenna, her aunt, Eira and Elena went to go sit down with her. While they were walking Elena spoke up,"That was amazing. What you did for Care."

    "I don't know why everyone is so surprised. Are people not nice in this modern society?" Eira questioned.

    "No, not really," Elena spoke and Eira felt disappointed with the way the world had become. Everyone was respectful in her time and so it was hard for Eira to believe that everyone now had lost all common courtesy.

     "Hey, Jenna," Elena greeted her aunt.

     "Hey, who's your friend?" Jenna questioned.

      "This is Eira, Stefan's twin," Elena spoke for Eira, which she was glad for because she was tired of introductions.

     "Oh, your face looks like him. But, your hair is... different," Jenna stated.

      Eira didn't know what to say about her hair, but apparently Elena did, "She dyed it."

    "White looks good on you," Jenna complimented.

    "Thanks," Eira responded blankly, as she didn't know what dye was. She would have to ask later.

    The raffle started and Eira didn't pay attention to what was being said until they got to Damon. Elena waved at someone and Eira looked over, seeing Stefan in the crowd and smiled at him in greeting.

     The lady introducing the bachelors spoke up,"And last, but not least, Damon Salvatore. We don't have much on you."

    "Well, I'm tough to fit on a card," Damon replied to which she shook her head at. He was so full of himself.

    "Do you have any hobbies, like to travel?" the lady asked.

   "Oh, yeah. L.A., New York. Couple of years ago, I was in North Carolina. Near the Duke campus, actually. I think- I think Alaric went to school there. Didn't you, Ric?" Damon asked then turned to Alaric. "Yeah, 'cause I-- I know your wife did."