A Brother's approval

Racheline: approval of what I wonder...☆〜(ゝ。∂
This will be short. This happened when Mizuki is still in a coma
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some time around December...a certain Doctor walked out of a jewelry store with a small box in his hands and a small smile across his lips.
Law's POV
I have been visiting local jewelry stores for the past few weeks already, and planned to buy a ring. Finally I got a hold of the one I've had my eyes on. The only thing left to do is asking for the brother's approval. I already got the parents approval last time.

~flashback a couple of days ago~
Today is just like any other day of working. Except a little stressed after taking care of another patient from the ER. I was abut to enter my clinic when I felt a dangerous aura inside. I narrowed my eyes and created a room, and immediately Kikoku is on my hands. I teleported myself in and pointed my unsheathed sword at the intruder.

"Oh dear, you shouldn't bring a dangerous sword in a place like this, Trafalgar Law." A woman around her 40s mused.

I sigh and lowered Kikoku and sheathed it placing back to where it belong.

"Mrs. Eustass, what brings you here? With a dangerous aura may I add." I asked, I've seen her only once but I still recognized Mizuki-ya's mother.

"Uwah! I can't believe you recognize me even though we only met once! I haven't even interrogated you and I'm already impressed!" She squeals patting my head with her gentle hands.

"Is there something you need to ask me?" I asked, she stopped patting my head and crossed her arms and looked at me seriously.

"Ah yes. It's about Mizuki. You see my husband and I have been observing both of you. Law you are a very good boy according to my husband and we have one important question for you." She paused, looking at me, I slowly nodded and she took a deep breath.

"When are you proposing to her?"

I choked. As unprofessional that is I still choked. The woman chuckled at my response.

"With all due respect Mrs. Eustass, Mizuki-ya is still in her coma, I'd rather not rush things, but to reassure you, I do plan on proposing to her soon." I said after clearing my throat. She clasped her hands together happily and grinned.

"That's great news! Anyway that's all, if you're wondering you already got our approval, I don't know with Kidd though. Gotta go!" She chimes merrily then jumped out of my clinic window.
~End of flashback~

I didn't realized that I have reached Mizuki-ya's room where she is still recovering. Pocketing the small box inside I entered the room quietly, surprisingly found Kidd-ya beside her.

"Oh it's just you Law." Kidd huffs, I grinned and nodded. I checked her chart and smiled in relief as I found her records normal. Kidd-ya seems worried.

"Relax Kidd-ya, she'll be fine. Mizuki-ya is successfully recovering." I reassured. He finally glanced at me with a frown and I scrunched up my eyebrows.

"Actually that's not what I'm worried about." He started, I raised a brow at him and leaned back on the wall.

"Is that so. Then I suppose the way you are looking at me right now means it has something to do with me." I stated, he nodded.

"I heard from mom when she came home yesterday that she went to your clinic." He continued, the memory clicked and I grinned.

"Oh that. I plan on asking you about that actually." I started. He glance away and sighed.

"That you plan on proposing to my sister soon?" He questioned, I silently nodded. There was a moment of silence before he let out a long sigh and nodded afterwards.

"Alright, I have no choice but to agree anyway. She'll probably pound me to bits and drill down to my head on how a good of a person you are. You have to swear to take care of her alright and don't feed her to much sweets, you're gonna have a problem with that. Take note she's an assassin and being an assassin means she will often be away, how are you going to keep up with that Trafalgar?" He asked with a raised brow. I have thought about that already and honestly I don't know what to do about it yet.

"You know what, don't answer that, I have a solution for that" Kidd-ya said standing up with a large grin. I looked at him questioningly.

"Oh? And what would that be Kidd-ya?" I asked with a hint of amusement, he smirked at me.

"How does being one of the greatest firm's new assassin sound to you?" He said with a challenging tone.

"I have no problem with that as long as I'll be with her." I replied. Kidd-ya's pocket then vibrated, he took out his phone and opened it, awhile later a grin spread across his face.

"Good answer, Father is already making preparations for your training starting tomorrow, your clinic hours is already cut short. Training will be harsh just like how Echo is trained. Keep this a secret from Mizuki alright. We would like to see her surprised face." He stated. I chuckled and nodded. Closing my eyes I couldn't help but let a smile escape on my lips.

"Thanks a lot Kidd-ya." I said

"Just so you know, I'm doing this for my sister's happiness." He huffed back to his hard grumpy self.

"Whatever you say Kidd-ya."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Racheline: Weeeee! Kidd is such a good brother! I wish I have a good protective brother like that...(-。-;

Is the chapter OK?  Or is it too weird?