11 | SERVE × AND × PROTECT

Start from the beginning

[I found this gif and it was simply adorable. I couldn't help but include it in the story so let's pretend these butterflies also exist in Kukuroo Mountain.]

"I am no longer Gon, I am the butterfly king!" he exulted, stretching out his arms to welcome his followers.

"Or you're their lunch," [Y/N] commented, pointing to an open wound on his arm that he received when he fell from opening the Testing Gate.

While the group had their idled chitchat, Leorio was becoming annoyed by his friends ignoring him. When the group finally took notice of his reaction, all three of them burst into a fit of laughters. In response, the man huffed, and in a child-like manner, kicked some dirt from the ground in the direction of the three friends. One dodged, one had their eye stung by the tiny particle, and the other was treated to lunch with a disgusting, germ-infested, sand entree.

The girl coughed up the foul substance. "Leorio!" screamed the angry child, who clenched her fist and marched her way over to the tall man. She brought him down to her height by taking hold of his collared shirt. "I'm going to kill you."

Kurapika pried the girl off Leorio. "We still have a gate to open, remember? Let's focus on that."

Kurapika, I respect you, I really do.

But sometimes people must have their asses kick when needed.

The group returned their focus back to the task at hand: opening the gate. They all placed both their hands against the large mental exterior and pushed with all their might.

The gate became slightly ajarred, and the three friends entered a state of disbelief and shock

The gate became slightly ajarred, and the three friends entered a state of disbelief and shock. And in the moment of distraction, the door swiftly shut. The heaviness of the door created a wind current that flew the three friends backward.

Gon ran towards the group. "Leorio! Kurapika!"

Fuck you, then.

The young boy then focused his attention on the girl, crouching down, he extended an arm for the girl to grab. "Are you okay?" queried Gon, concerned for [Y/N]'s well-being.

Forget what I said earlier.

[Y/N] gladly accepted his help. "Yeah, I'm okay," she smiled, reassuring the boy she was in a stable condition to proceed with their quest.

Quest?

Am I an adventurer now?

I wouldn't mind if I was at least getting paid for my services.

━━━━ ⋆ฺ。❀ TIME SKIP ❀。ฺ⋆ ━━━━