09 | OPERATION × RESCUE × KILLUA

"WHERE'S ILLUMI?" asked the spiky-haired boy, who discharged himself from the medical unit after his arm was placed into a sling

"Over there," [Y/N] pointed to the tall man with slick black hair.

The boy approached the man and grabbed the man by his shirt, and brought him down to his height. "Apologize to Killua," Gon confronted, with no hesitation in his voice. His words were firm, easy to comprehend, but even the man had a difficult time processing the young boy's words.

"For what?" asked the man, confused from the boy's sudden demand.

[Y/N] slapped the man. "You know exactly what you did. Don't you dare play stupid."

Ahhhhh, what did I just do?

I have a habit of picking fights with the wrong people.

First the clown, now the assassin.

Whoever is writing my name in a death note, could you refrain from not doing so?

I refuse to die young.

He tilted his head towards the girl, unamused by her actions. If anything, the slap felt like someone just threw a loaf of bread at him in the act of a protest. "And who might you be?"

"Killua's girlfriend," she blurted and instantly covered her mouth in regret. She was embarrassed by the words that flew from her mouth, and disgusted for even assuming that a relationship could form between the two.

The man laughed, which shocked the small group. The stoic face that embellished the man had now shown an ounce of emotion, at the expense of the girl's embarrassment. "Girlfriend?" He eyed the girl's physical appearance and shook his head. "Kil could do better." 

"Your parents should have taken that advice when they made you," she shot back, refusing to be disrespected by a man built like a toothpick. "What a shame."

"You seem to not understand your place," the man stepped forward, and Kurapika, Leorio, and Gon created some distance between the man and the young girl. "If your friends weren't around, there's no telling whether you'll still be alive or dead."

"Are you making threats now? Bring it on."

"Can someone please collect their child? My headaches have never been this bad until she opened her mouth," he commented, already having enough of the girl's ineffective retaliation and her nuisance of a presence.

"You want to go?" said [Y/N], posing in a fighting stance.

"Take you to a nursery? Gladly."

Smoked escapes from her ears, polluting the air with her rage. The girl advanced towards the man but was pulled back from Leorio. He grabbed her arm and removed her from the argument as she was stirring unnecessary problems.