Forty

"Zayn! Hold on!" I don't turn around to see him but kept speed walking to the elevator, holding back the threatening tears. As I push the elevator button rapidly until I feel Harry spin me around and grab my face.

"What happened? What did-" he stopped mid sentence as sobs escaped my mouth.

"What happened that night Harry! What did you do?!" He stood there and looked at me for a moment then followed me into the elevator once it opened. I stood in the other corner of the elevator sobbing while Harry was pacing on the other.

"I tried so hard to forget that night and once we landed and I saw you with her again it brought everything rushing back. It brought back how I felt that you didn't even-"

"Don't you dare finish what you're about to finish. Don't stand here and say that I don't care because I do. No matter what I tell you you're going to think that total opposite."

"You haven't even given yourself a chance to tell me anything! All you said that it was some lousy blow job and that's that. But when she was rubbing it in my face tonight it sounded like there was a lot more! Now tell me the truth or I'm getting the first flight I can out of here!" I stood there fuming, not even close to being upset but pissed that I don't even really know what happened that night. He sighed deeply and tired to walk over to me and hold me but I quickly pushed him off of me and exited the elevator once it stopped. I got in the room and stood facing him as he slammed the door behind him.

"Zayn, what happened that night shouldn't have happened. I know that she made it sound like it was more but it wasn't. All she did was give me-"

"It was obviously more than that! When I saw you walk out of that damn office your hair and clothes looked thrown around. It was more then just head and I want to know even if it kills me." I looked him straight in the eyes and took deep breaths to keep me from crying. My heart was pounding and my mind swimming, trying to think of how I'll handle the outcome of this.

"Zayn I don't want to-"

"Tell me Harry! Or I will walk straight out-"

"We had sex! That's what we did! It wasn't just head it was the damn whole thing! It was shitty sex and I regret every single part of it. I don't know how she tempted me to do it or how I found myself to do it but I did. I regret that whole night and I'll never be able to forgive myself for it because I hurt you and our family. I was the one who wasn't supposed to do this. I was the one who had to protect this family. But I was the one who fucked up, so fucking bad. So that's what happened that night, that's why I smelt like her, that's why I looked like a mess. That's why."

Every word I took in and repeated it in my head many times. I wanted to cry but it felt like I couldn't, like to much was happening at the same time. Like my whole world was falling apart all over again. But then I felt a lone tear fall down my face and the man I love fall apart right in front of me.

Once he ended his confession he was on his knees bawling his eyes out. Repeating over and over again how it's his fault and how he should have protected his family better. His head was in his hands and his fingers gripping his hair. His sobs soon start to sound strangled and all I could do was stand there and watch. It was like I was possessed to stand there and feel numb to the world again.

My whole body ached to walk over to him and hold him in my arms till he fell asleep. How I wanted to rub my fingers through his hair and tell him it will be alright. But I'd be lying.

This is so much more than just some blow job, he had sex with her. A woman.

I finally tore my eyes away from him and down to my hand where his ring sat on my finger. The ring that meant we would be tied together and be loyal to each other. I looked at it one more time before looking back at him.

"I'm going home Harry. I need to go home." Once I moved from my place he was on his feet in front of me. His hands wrapped around my biceps gripping them so I won't move.

"Baby please stay so we can talk. Baby please-" his voice was already horse and he was shaking. Sadness started to cloud my brain but I pushed it away and tore myself away from him. I picked up all my clothes and through them in my suitcase. The one thing that was hoping that he would do was to stop me. To hold me against his chest and tell me to stop, but he stood there in the middle of the room watching me.

Once the suitcase was zipped and next to the door with me I looked back at him with tears flowing down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Harry-"

"You said you wouldn't leave." It was barely audible but I caught it and my heart shattered. He stood there with his back to me but he was visibly shaking and crying quietly. My mind was telling me to walk over and hug him but I had to stand my ground.

"Harry, I love you so much but I need time to process this. I can't just forget about it. So when you come back Saturday we'll talk." And I was out the door but what broke me more was the I left my ring sitting on the table by the door.

~*~

:( sorry I had to...

but double update! i know that i was gone for a while so i'll update twice!

tell me your thoughts and feeling about this chapter! sorry that I was short ...