Thirty Three

I wake up surrounded by pillows with a thin sheet draped over me. I rub my eyes from sleep and look around to see where Harry went. I see that I'm still on the living room floor and naked, I soon hear the shower turn on and I head that way leaving the sheet and pillows.

I quietly walk into the bathroom and climb into the shower seeing Harry looking away with his hands in his hair. I wrap my arms around him and lay my head on his back as I feel water run over me.

"How did you sleep?"

"Fine until I realized you left. What's wrong?" He turned around shielding me from the water and see worry in his eyes.

"I'm just worried about you and the kids. I'm scared that every time you guys leave the house something will happen with out me there to help. Like yesterday for example."

"Harry it's fine. Louis was there and-"

"What if he wasn't? What if it was just you?" We stared at each other for awhile then I was the one to look away.

"Can we not talk about him. Please. I just want to forget about him. Let's talk about last night and how unbelievably perfect it was, yeah?" I cupped his face and pulled him closer to me so his forehead rested on mine and his hands were on my waist.

"It was pretty perfect seeing you withering and begging for me." He said with a smile.

"Oh shut up. I love you."

"I love you too baby." He kisses me lovingly and rubs my sides and pulls me even closer. He pulls away bluntly and looks at me worried.

"What? Did I do-"

"I didn't where a condom last night, and I don't even know how many times I-."

"I'm on birth control remember? You where with me when I got them." He rolled his eyes and kissed me one more time then we cleaned up and got dressed.

As we were cleaning up the living room and having small pillow fights here and there the door bell went off.

"Maybe that's the kids?" And my question was answered by hearing Payton yell on the other side of the door. Harry smiled wide and went to open the door to be attacked with hugs. I walked over and gave Louis a hug and got Jace out of his arms.

"Did you guys have fun?"

"Of course we have fun at Uncle Boos house. Oh and Uncle Niall says hello." We laugh along with him and I give Louis a look considering I haven't seen or talked to Niall in awhile. He shakes his head and tells me he talk about it later.

We all sit in the living room watching the kids play as Harry's arm is draped over my shoulders. I lay my head on him and hum lightly but only to hear Louis exhale hard. I look over at him and see him trying to keep it together. I move out of Harry's embrace and hug him as his cries quietly in my shirt.  I feel Harry get up and distract the kids away from the scene unfolding.

"What's wrong Lou?"

"I-it's Niall." I give Harry a look and I pull Louis to the kitchen for him to explain. We sat down at the island and Louis put his head in his hands and cried. I let him have his moment and waiting patiently for him to calm down wanting to not push him. He stopped crying for a moment and looked up at me with his face red and puffy.

"Niall's sick. A few weeks ago we were um doing some things and he got super dizzy and past out. And me being me I freaked, so I called my mom to watch Jacks and when she showed up he woke up. I thought- I don't even know what I thought but it kept happening so one day I forced him to go to the doctors and that's when my world crashes in front of me." He took a deep breath and tears fell again. "N-Niall has Acute lymphocytic leukemia, it's rare but it happens and its rapid. T-the doctor said that he has a few months or longer depending on how fast it moves. But I think it's moving fast cause he's losing so much weight, he barely eats and we all know how much he loves to eat." He laughs but it turns to crying quickly.

"I don't know how much time I have left with the love of my life. He can barely stand on his own with out my help!" He's bawling now and holding on to me with dear life. I have tears falling down my face and trying to not bawl along with him. We stand like this for sometime until Louis cries himself out and just holds onto me. Soon Harry walks in with his face red and puffy, I'm guessing he heard from the living room. He walks up to Louis and hugs him tightly along with me.

Louis pulls away from us and wipes his face of tears and gets up.

"I'm sorry to drop that and leave but-"

"No Louis it's okay. Don't worry about upsetting us just go home and love every moment you have. Don't give up on him yet he needs you." He nodded and another pained sob left his mouth. We hugged again and he went to get Jacks and he left.

I turned around to see Harry with his hand to his mouth and his eyes closed. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"The guy I've known since forever is dying, and I-I'm just finding out. I could have-" he let out a sob and put his arms around my neck and held me tightly with his head in the crook of my shoulder. He was shaking and I started to bawl along with him. I didn't even notice Payton walk in the kitchen until she wrapped her little arms around my leg. I pull away from Harry looking at him seeing him looking broken. I cupped his face and kissed his forehead then picked up Payton.

"Why are you crying daddy?" She touched Harry's face and he flinched slightly but looked up at her.

"I'm fine baby. I'm fine." But I knew he wasn't, his eyes told it all. Payton leaned in my arms to give Harry a hug and he grabbed her and hugged closing his eyes tightly. I looked down then to the living room where Jace was chewing on his white giraffe. I wiped a few tears then picked him and walked to his nursery.

I sat in the white chair rocking back and forth letting him fall into a blissful sleep not realizing the mess falling around him.

"What should I do Jace? We can't lose him. He is Louis' foundation, with out him Louis will be falling apart. Don't even get me started on my psycho ex." I chuckled then I felt tears falling down my face.

"I wouldn't know what I would do if I lost any of you. I love you all so much." I run my fingers across his cheek bone the I kiss him on the forehead and put him in his crib. I shut the door behind me and clutch the baby monitor in my hand then slid down the door letting my breakdown unfold and put my head in my hands.

Then I hear Harry's sobs from our room then mine follows.

~*~

:(