With the last strength he had, James was able to pull away from him and swing his fist to meet Bret's jaw.

For just a second, James was shocked of his actions, but the look on his face was replaced by Bret's fist.

'Gago ka! Gago!' Bret is so mad. He doesn't know how many punches he threw at him already.

James wasn't fighting back, he takes every hit. He welcomes it. By this time, he thinks nothing could ever hurt more than what he had to endure when he woke up without Nadine.

He didn't even notice the punches stopped coming, he just realized that Bret is already sobbing in front of him.

'Gago ka! Magpapakamatay ka na?!' He tells him between sobs.

He doesn't know what to feel. He just slumped back on his bed, too weak to move.

Bret pushes away from him as he stands away from the bed, wiping the tears on his face before turning to face him again.

'Sinisira mo buhay mo, di ko maintindihan kung bakit! James naman! Umayos ka!'

With that, James begins to tear up himself. He didn't know he still could cry, but he is.

'I've been tolerating this for too long! Pero tama na to!'

Bret is shouting at him, hoping that it could knock some sense into him.

'Di ka na nagiiisip! Di mo na ako inisip! I'm your bestfriend! You can talk to me! I can help you! Ipaintindi mo sa kin! Wag mo sayangin buhay mo! Gago!'

For a moment, the room is filled with just their sobs. Two grown man, both feeling helpless. One, desperate to have his bestfriend back; the other, crying over his lost love.

Bret leaves as he feels sorry and hopeless for his friend, not knowing what else he can do to for his friend.

Another day passed and still there are no signs of improvement has been seen in James' state.

Bret walks past his room, not bothering to even sneak a peek inside, although the worry he feels never left.

The next day, Bret wakes up in the middle of the night, bothered by the unusual noise coming from outside his room.

He gets up.

There was a mixture of surprise and relief when he saw that it is just James, sitting by their kitchen, helping himself to some leftover pizza.

He walks over slowly as James notices him. They didn't say anything to each other. Bret just proceeds to get himself some water, pouring some in two glasses. He hands over the other one to James as he looks to him with a small nod.

He nods back as he stays silent with him through his meal.

He got his bestfriend back.

'You should go back to work, you know that.' Bret tells James one morning while they were having breakfast.

James looks up at him from his bowl of cereal. He's been somewhat 'okay' after their confrontation. He eats now, that's a good sign for Bret. But he still doesn't go out. He mostly spends his day just inside his room.