Chapter Fourteen: Returning the treasure

Jack's POV:

I rowed the dingy inside with Maria pressing her back to mine. When we reached the entrance we moved through the crowd. The chanting slowly stopped. We reached the front and Will looked surprised. "Jack! Maria!" He said.

"S'not possible," Barbossa said.

"Not probable" I said.

"Where's Elizabeth?" Will asked.

"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really except for Elizabeth who is in fact a woman," I explained.

"Shut up your both next!" Barbossa said. Barbossa placed the knife on Will's neck.

"You don't want to be doing that mate," I said.

"No I really think I do," he said.

"Your funeral," I said.

"Why don't I want to be doing this?" Barbossa asked.

"Well," I said. I slapped the black man's hand off my shoulder. "Because the HMS Dauntless, pride of the Royal Navy is floating just offshore."

"Waiting for you," Maria said.

I began to strike a deal. "After you kill Norrington's men," I said picking up a handful of medallions. "Every...last...one," I said dropping a coin in each time. I held the last coin and casually placed it on my belt. "You've been planning this from the beginning. Ever since you learned my name" Will said. "Yeah," I said.

Barbossa and I struck a bargain. "Gents take a walk," Barbossa called. "Not to the boats?" I questioned.

Maria's POV:

Jack rummaged through the treasures as we sat in a cave alone. Will was tied and being held while Barbossa sat quietly. I noticed him staring at me. I didn't pay any mind. I pretended to be looking at treasure. I picked up a pure silver dagger with a leather hilt. I carefully slipped the dagger on my belt. "I must admit Jack I thought I had ye figured out. Turns out you're a hard man to predict," Barbossa said.

"Me I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly," Jack said moving towards a pirate skipping rocks. "Its the honest ones you want to look out for, because you can never predict when they are going to do something incredibly....stupid." Jack kicked the pirate into the stream and tossed Will a sword. I pulled my own out and began to fight against another cursed pirate. I noticed Jack and Barbossa fighting around treasure. I turned away and banged the pirate over the head. I kicked him to where his head landed in golden pot. His head stuck. Suddenly a large pole crashed down of his head. I looked over and saw Elizabeth. "Good to see ya lass," I said.

Suddenly I looked over. I saw the Jack stab his sword into Barbossa. Barbossa sighed. Suddenly he stabbed Jack with his own sword. Jack groaned. "NO!" I shouted. Barbossa looked back at me and then to Jack. Jack stepped back into a beam of moon light. His body turned into a rotting skeleton. He flipped a coin in his hand. "I couldn't resist mate," He said. He pulled the sword out of his stomach. Barbossa did the same and began to fight. I fought with Will and Elizabeth. Suddenly after an explosion of dead pirates I saw Will run towards the chest.

I put the coin in my hand and ran my sword through my hand making blood appear and stain onto the coin. I threw it towards Will. I saw Jack do the same. I ran towards Jack. Suddenly Barbossa pulled his pistol out on me. I froze. "Careful Sparrow wouldn't want miss Maria to die would we?" He question. As Barbossa cocked the pistol a shot was heard. I flinched and looked down at my stomach. Not bullet wound. I looked at Jack and saw his pistol had been fired. "Ten years you carry that pistol and now you waste your shot," He said. "He didn't waste it," Will said. We all watched as he dropped three bloodied coins into the chest.

I ran towards Jack. He placed and arm around me. Barbossa opened his coat to reveal blood spurting from his wound. "I feel...cold," He said. He fell back against the gold and treasure. A green apple rolled out of his hand. Jack pulled me into his embrace. I held tightly to him.

Jack POV:

I pulled Maria away at arm's length. I finally could do something I had been waiting for. I leaned forward and kissed her sweet tasting lips. I had waited along time to share this with her. I pulled away and looked at her face. She smiled a bright smile. I wrapped an arm around her and made my way towards Will and Elizabeth. I grabbed a couple treasures on the way. I saw Will look longingly at Elizabeth as she walked away. "If you were waiting for the opportune moment......that was it. Now if you'll be so kind as to drop me off at my ship," I said.