Chapter Four: Escaping

Jack's POV:

I watched Gillette walk away. I got a brilliant idea in my head. "Alright," I said. I gathered the chains in my hands and looped it around the young girl's neck. Elizabeth jumped away from me as I held the young girl tight. The troops stepped forward and then jumped back. "Commodore Norrington my effects please, and my hat," I said. Norrington stood for a minute. "Commodore!" I said tightening the chain to encourage him. I heard the girl gasp. "What's your name I'd love to know it lass?" I asked. "My name's Maria," She said frightened. The Commodore handed my effects to her and I swung her around to face me. "Miss Maria if you please," I said. She looked down at the items in her hand. "Come, come, dearie," I said. She grabbed my hat and placed it on my head. She took my sword belt and began to strap it around my body.

I tightened some to make her body press closer to mine. She gasped some in my ear. I smiled. She tightened the belt and gave me my pistol. "Why?" She questioned. "Sticks and stones love. I saved your life you save mine where square," I smirked. I turned her around and held my pistol to her face. "Gentleman, m'lady, you always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!" I said. I pushed the young lass away and grabbed a rope. I kicked a lever which sent me flying.

Maria's POV:

I watched as my former captor flew into the air to escape. I saw this as my chance. I leapt from the dock to another dock right next to it. I ran down the way. I looked up and saw Sparrow sliding down a rope towards me. I ran faster and ran across a bridge dodging bullets meant for Sparrow. I ran into town. I looked around and saw Sparrow run into the blacksmith's shop. I followed after him. I didn't know why I was following him but I was having fun following his danger. I saw him poking at Mister Brown so I hid. I climbed the rafters and watched from above.

I watched Sparrow trying to break the chains. I then saw an idea form in his head. He took a hot iron and touched the tip to the donkey's ass. The donkey began to move and gears turned. Sparrow put the chain in the gears and the chain snapped. Just as he brought his hands down William Turner walked in.

I saw Sparrow bolt to hide. I watched as a battle broke out. As I was enjoying the fight I lost my grip and slipped off the beams. I fell to the ground interrupting the two. Sparrow turned and looked at me. I rubbed my neck. "What are you doing 'ere?" Sparrow questioned. "I followed you to see what you'd do," I said standing up. "Well I can't have two people who know where I am. And don't get me wrong lass you may be pretty, but I can't have loose ends," He said. He pointed his sword towards me.

I looked to my right and saw a rack of swords. I moved swiftly and grabbed one. I pointed it towards him. He slid the end of his blade against mine. "Clever," He said. He lashed at me and I blocked it with ease. I fought as hard as I could trying to keep my balance the entire time. Suddenly he moved quickly and tripped me up. I landed on my back against the hard stone floor. He smirked at me and said, "Ta" He turned and I could see the smirk disappeared. Will stood between him and the way out. The front door was locked by a sword Will had thrown and guards were trying to break it down. As we heard the door begin to give in some more Sparrow pulled his pistol out.

"Move away!" Sparrow ordered.

"No!" Will said.

"Please move!" Sparrow said.

"NO! I cannot just stand by and let you escape," He said.

Suddenly Mister Brown had smashed a bottle over Sparrow's head. He fell face first to the ground. Suddenly the door broke free and guards charged in. In the midst I tried to escape but fell to the ground when a soldier hit me with the bud of his gun.