Chapter Eleven: Fighting the Interceptor

Jack's POV:

The brig door opened and Maria was shoved into me arms. The door shut with a slam and locked. She stood up quickly. "You alright love?" I asked. "I didn't mean to be late but that damn Barbossa tried to bribe me into his bed," She sneered. I felt a pit of anger in my stomach. She sat down on the metal bench. I sat next to her. She placed her hand in mine. She carefully leaned her head against my shoulder. The smell on her hair was the scent of sea water, rum, and gun powder. I stifled a groan of great pleasure when I smelt her hair.

"Captain, is it alright to say I'm afraid?" She asked suddenly. I couldn't really answer that question. "Well, it would be strange to say not," I answered. "I don't want to be afraid it's just that I've only dealt with merchants and soldiers, not cursed skeleton pirates," she said. I felt her snuggle closer to me. I stifled another groan. I forced myself not to kiss her. I desperately wanted to, but I would lose her trust instantly.

Suddenly we heard a great boom outside. We fell to the ground trying to avoid any cannon fire. "We must have caught up with the Interceptor," I said. Suddenly splinters exploded as fragments hit the side of me ship. I looked and saw a hole. "STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY SHIP!" I yelled. I felt Maria tap me on the arm. She pointed towards the door. It slightly moved open. I pushed it open all the way. I grabbed Maria and we ran up on deck. We saw gunshots being fired and cannons exploding. I took a rope from a man flying from this side to the other. Maria tripped him and I took the rope. "Thanks very much," I said.

I grabbed Maria. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I stifled a groan once more. I swung over with ease and we hit the Interceptor's deck.

"Jack!" Gibbs yelled. "Maria!"

"Bloody empty," Jack said handing him his flask of leather.

Maria's POV:

I looked over and saw Elizabeth. I ran over to her. I crouched dodging bullets. I was about to speak when I turned around and saw a pirate about to hit me. A hand grabbed his fist. The man looked at Jack. "That's not very nice," He said. With that Jack tossed the man over board into the water. Jack crouched down with us. "Where's the medallion?" I asked. "Wretch!" She yelled about to slap Jack. I grabbed her hand and noticed a bandage around it. "Ah, where's dear William?" I asked. She realized what happened. Our mast had fallen between the ships and onto the entrance to below deck.

She ran over and tried to move the mast. "Jack!" I said. I looked towards the monkey. He saw it and yelled, "Monkey!" He ran over and crawled on the mast. He reached out but the monkey jumped up on his master Barbossa.

"Why thank ye Jack," Barbossa purred.

"Your welcome." Jack said.

"Not you we named the monkey, Jack," Barbossa smirked.

The monkey made a smile. "Gents, our hope is restored!" Barbossa yelled. I was dragged back to the Pearl. I was tied to the mast with the rest of the crew.

I watched as the last of the cursed crew were loaded onto the pearl. We sailed away from the Interceptor quickly. I looked around and suddenly realized Will wasn't on the pearl. I looked back to the Interceptor and I knew exactly where he was. Suddenly Elizabeth lunged forward as the ship exploded. "Will," I heard her say. "You've got to stop it! Stop it!" She went after Barbossa. "Welcome back miss," He said grabbing her wrists. "You took advantage of our hospitality last time. It holds fair that you return the favor." He tossed her towards the crew. Suddenly William climbed up on the railing.

"Barbossa!" He yelled. "She goes free." I was for once happy to see the whelp. "What's in your head boy!" Barbossa asked. "She goes free," Will repeated.

"You've only got one shot, and we can't die," Barbossa said.

"Please don't do anything stupid!" Jack begged.

"You can't, but I can," Will said.

"Like that." I groaned. The pirate holding me shoved the pistol in my neck. "Who are you?" Barbossa asked.

"No one, he's no one. A distant cousin of my aunt's nephew twice removed. Lovely singing voice though- eunuch," Jack said.

"My name is Will Turner. My father was Bootstrap Bill Turner. His blood runs in my veins," Will yelled. Jack stepped back.

"He's a spitting image of Bootstrap Bill come back to haunt us," said a pirate with a wooden eye.

"On my word you'll do as I say, or I'll pull this trigger and be lost to Davy Jones' locker," Will ordered.

"Name ye terms Mr. Turner," Barbossa said.

"Elizabeth goes free!" Will repeated.

"We know that one!" I shouted. Once more I had a pistol shoved in my neck. I glanced at Jack who seemed un eased at the pistol near me. I saw Jack point to himself. "And the crew, the crew are not to be harmed," Will added. "Agreed," Barbossa said. After a few minutes of sailing an island came in the distance. They shoved Elizabeth onto the plank and where forcing her to jump. "Barbossa you lying bastard! You swore she'd go free," Will yelled lunging forward. "Don't dare impugn me honor boy. I agreed she'd go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where," He laughed.

"Though it does seem a shame to loose something so fine, don't it lads?" he said. I heard an approval through the crew. "So I'll be having that dress back," Barbossa walked up to the plank. She removed the dress and I heard whistles go off. "Goes with your black heart," She scowled. he held it to his face. "Oh it's still warm," He said. I heard them yelling at her to jump. Suddenly the black man kicked the plank and she fell. Jack was shoved forward. I lunged forward some. "I'd really hoped we were past all this," Jack said.

"Jack," Barbossa said wrapping an arm around Jack. "Did ye not notice? That be the same little island that we made you Governor of on our last little trip," He said.

"I did notice," He said.

"Perhaps you'll be able to conjure up another miraculous escape...but I doubt it," he said. He pulled his sword out and pointed it towards Jack. "Off you go."

"Last time you left me a pistol with one shot," he said.

"By the powers your right. Where be Jack's pistol? Bring it forward," Barbossa said. With that Barbossa threw the weapons into the sea. Jack looked at me then jumped in after his effects.