Chapter Six: Leaving Port Royal

Maria's POV:

After a visit from Sparrow's friends we fell asleep in the cold cell. I woke up the next morning to the sound of something jamming into the lock. I looked up and saw Sparrow twisting a bone into the lock. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm trying to escape if you don't mind," he said. I could tell he had been at this for awhile.

I laid back when suddenly a door swung open and Sparrow leapt back from the lock. He lay next to me as Will Turner walked in. "You! Sparrow," he said "Eh?" Sparrow replied.

"Are You familiar with that ship the Black Pearl?" Will question.

"I've 'eard of it," Sparrow replied.

"Where does it make berth?" Will questioned.

"Where does it make berth! Haven't you heard the stories?" Sparrow asked.

Will looked confused.

"Captain Barbossa and his crew of miscreants sail for the Dreaded Isla de Muerta. An island that cannot be found except for those who already know where it is," Sparrow yammered.

After a few words between the two I heard Will say, "I can get you out of here."

"How's that the keys run off," I chimed in.

"I helped build these cells. These are half pin barrel hinges," Will said picking a bench up. He stuck the legs under the door. "With the right leverage and proper application of strength the door will lift free." Sparrow stared at him. "What's your name?" Sparrow questioned.

"Will Turner," he answered. "That would be short for William I presume. Good string name. No doubt name for your father eh?" Sparrow questioned.

"Yes?" Will said. Sparrow stood up.

"Well mister Turner I've changed me mind. If you can spring us from this jail I swear on pain of death I shall take you to the black pearl and your Bonny lass. Do we have an accord?" Sparrow asked putting his hand out. Will shook his hand and said, "Agreed" "Thank god," I said.

Will with ease pushed on the bench and the door popped up and fell in the cell. "Hurry someone would have heard that," Will pushed. "Not without my effects," Sparrow said. Sparrow grabbed his things. I stepped out of the cell and didn't move. When they noticed Sparrow turned around.

"Are you not coming lass?" he questioned. Something in the back of head said it was a bad idea. Before I could answer Sparrow lunged forward and hauled me over his shoulder. "Put me down Sparrow!" I yelled. I pounded my fist on his back. I saw Will laughing. I reached over and smacked him in the nose.

Sparrow must have heard it cause he began to laugh. Finally he set me down when we his under a bridge.

Jack's POV:

I had to admit carrying the lass all the way to the docks was quite fun for me. "We're gonna steal a ship? That ship?" Will questioned. "Commandeer. We're going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term. One question about your business, boy, or there's no use going. This girl, how far are you willing to go to save her?" I asked.

"I'd die for her." he said

"Oh good no worries then." I said.

We quickly snuck aboard a ship and began to make sail. "Here they come," Maria said looking to the other ship. I smiled it was exactly what I wanted. as soon as we were beside each other we swung over and cut the lines. "Thank you Commodore for helping us make way. We would have had a hard time with it ourselves," I called.

After giving Will a frightening experience I told the location. "Tortuga?" Maria called.

"Tortuga," I smirked.