Chapter Twelve: Marooners island

Maria's POV:

Suddenly my hands were untied and I was pushed on the plank. I saw pistols and swords pointed at me. "I told ye missy you should have sided with me," He said. I watched his eyes. They looked up and down my body. I spat in his eyes. He laughed and wiped the spit away. "Go to hell," I growled. He smirked. "Lads take note of this. The feistier they are the harder they are to let go," He laughed. He pointed his sword towards me. He tossed my effects into the sea. I jumped in after it. When I felt my hand grab my sword and pistol I surfaced quickly gasping for air. I swam towards the shore.

When I reached it I saw a pair of foot prints in the sand circling the island. I came to shore and tossed my sword on the dry part of the sand. Suddenly I heard a clanking of glass. I looked up and saw Jack with two bottles of rum in his hand. He stopped and looked at me as if I were a hallucination. "What? You've never seen a woman wash ashore," I teased. He laughed and tossed me a bottle.

Later that night Elizabeth had fallen asleep far from the shore in the grassy area. Jack and I drank rum and sung 'A pirate's life for me' "Where devil's where black sheep were really bad eggs drink up me hearties, yo ho! Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!" We slurred.

"I love this song!" Jack laughed. "Really bad eggs."

He fell back on his ass. I fell back with him and sat next to him. "You know this is the first time I've been marooned on an island with two women," he slurred. I laughed. The bonfire we had made kept me warm.

"Well this is my first time to be marooned period," I slurred. I stared out over the ocean. I felt Jack's arm come around my shoulders.

"I will say this. The company has improved since last time, and the scenery as well," He slurred.

"Captain, I don't believe I have had enough rum for you to say that," I said.

"Just how much more love?" He asked.

He drank his rum. I rolled my eyes.

Jack's POV:

I stared at Maria feeling the rum in my system taking hold. Maria snuggled closer to me. I stifled a groan. "I don't know why your so surprised your not by ye self Sparrow," Maria breathed. I caught the smell of her breath. I turned to face her more, my face a little closer to hers. "You would probably have women begging to be marooned with you," She whispered. I leaned closer letting her sweet smelling breath guide me to her lips. She leaned away. Suddenly she grabbed my shoulders and rolled on top of me.

"Unlike me who would rather escape without you," She said. I gather my barring's and flipped her over. I leaned atop her. "Really? You would leave ole' Jackie here all alone," I slurred. She wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me closer to her lips. She turned on me and flipped me on me back once again. "You can find out," She whispered in my ear. I groaned some. She kissed my cheek. I was about to reach up and kiss her lips. She took the tips of my mustache and flipped them up.

How badly I wanted to kiss her. Then she rolled off me. I turned on my side. We lay face to face. Suddenly I felt woozy from the rum. I began to see two of Maria. Suddenly I looked around her neck and between her breasts. I saw something gold. Before I could decide what it was I blacked out.

Maria's POV:

I sat up and touched the chain around my neck. I pulled at it. I wanted to tell Jack about it, but I knew I couldn't. If I did everything would be lost. I laid back down and snuggled close to Jack. I felt his arm wrap tight around me. I fell asleep silently with no dreams.